Anyone else get air bleed through an Aztec Airbrush?

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Penfold

Anyone else get air bleed through an Aztec Airbrush?

Post by Penfold »

Hi,

I'm fairly new to the airbrushing scene, and being a novice went out and bought myself an double action Aztec A4305, mainly because they looked easy to use.

However, just recently when I hook it up to the compressor it has started to let air through the brush without the trigger being depressed, which is annoying!

I clean the brush after every use, and make sure I don't over tighten the nozzle.

Does anyone have any tips as to why this might be happening or has it happened to them?

Thanks
Bah it went wrong, again.

Uh, respray.
Tony Agustin

Post by Tony Agustin »

This is exactly one of the reasons why I chucked my Azteks. I was getting air bleed where the head screws onto the body. All it needed was a little tightening but eventually I got tired of tweaking that finicky Aztek and bought a Badger Airbrush.

Maybe you could use a little wax on the threads to help seal the head assembly but I'm afraid the bits of wax might get into the head chamber and wreck your day of airbrushng.
Penfold

Post by Penfold »

I'm pretty sure I tried tightening the nozzle, and the air still bled through - I'm fairly certain the bleed is coming from the airbrush itself (I'll double check tomorrow). If it is, does this mean that the brush trigger mechanism itself is shafted?

Uh, respray.
Joseph Osborn

Post by Joseph Osborn »

If you are getting air through the tip without the trigger going down then it sounds like an internal problem. The body needs to go back to Testors in exchange for a new one. Lifetime warranty is needed for those little guys. I have actually had much better luck over the years with my 4305 than with my 4709 (which was replaced once). I like the slimmer design.
Jun AustriaGBCPAQ

Re: Anyone else get air bleed through an Aztec Airbrush?

Post by Jun AustriaGBCPAQ »

Penfold wrote:Hi,

I'm fairly new to the airbrushing scene, and being a novice went out and bought myself an double action Aztec A4305, mainly because they looked easy to use.

However, just recently when I hook it up to the compressor it has started to let air through the brush without the trigger being depressed, which is annoying!

I clean the brush after every use, and make sure I don't over tighten the nozzle.

Does anyone have any tips as to why this might be happening or has it happened to them?

Thanks
The problem is not from the nozzle. The leak can be between the trigger and hose connector. Google this "Démontage de l'Aztek A470" and check the pics.

You should return it to Testor.
Slave1

Post by Slave1 »

This is the current state of my Testors Airbrush. It leaks paint between the trigger and body, and also the body and the hose. I hate this POS!!! I'm very tempted to smash it up and take pictures.
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... G_2212.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... G_2211.jpg
I bought this around 2 years ago. Will they still take it?
Penfold

Post by Penfold »

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... G_2212.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... G_2211.jpg
I bought this around 2 years ago. Will they still take it?

I can't believe you still use that airbursh!!!!
Like your work by the way, I never would have the patience to accurise my models so much. It does my nut in how bad some of those AMT/ERTL models are -you spend half the time filling and sanding bad fitting parts!

I've sent my airbrush back to Testors, I guess we'll see what happens!

Uh, respray.