So I ordered some Future...

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Hiryu02

So I ordered some Future...

Post by Hiryu02 »

...and they sent me freaking "Pledge with Future Floor Shine". As opposed to the plain Future that I specified.

Oh well, so does anyone know if this variant has the same properties as regular Future? Anyone use this? Or should I just send this back?

Also, if anyone can point me towards a retailer that carries the proper Future, I would be very grateful.

Thanks for your time.
TREKKRIFFIC

Post by TREKKRIFFIC »

I've heard it's the same as plain old Future just repackaged to get the Pledge name out there.
"Well--we'll be safe for now--thank goodness we're in a bowling alley--"
makalaka

Post by makalaka »

I've read some were that its the same stuff just in a different bottle.

I noticed a lot of stores carry the "pledge with future" bottle. In fact I cant find the old bottle anywhere. They probably added the pledge part in the name to make it sell better...
Orion

Post by Orion »

I looked locally for plain old Future, but all I could find was the Pledge braded stuff. I was a little hesitant at first, but after I saw the photo of the bottle on swanny's site, the one I have is identical except for the GIANT Pledge logo blasted on the front, with the smaller Future logo under it. I found this at my local Wal-Mart.

I was really wondering if I had the correct stuff or not at first. After reading the bottle it sure sounded dead on, and the photo convinced me. Of course, I'd never heard of or used it before, so take it with a grain of salt. I mixed it in with some paint and airbrushed it on and got some amazing results!
Hiryu02

Post by Hiryu02 »

Well, I called SC Johnson, the manufacturer today, and the very helpful person I spoke to confirmed what you guys said. It is just a repackaging of the product that happened recently. It is the same Future.

Thanks for the replies.
The Mad Klingon

Post by The Mad Klingon »

That's good to know.

I had heard that Future had been discontinued and I got a little worried when I went looking and couldn't find any on the shelves...
Ridged for her pleasure.

<a href="http://www.fpkclub.com/"> www.fpkclub.com</a>