aves question - which one?

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Digger1

aves question - which one?

Post by Digger1 »

which aves product is best for filling small seams and surface imperfections?

Sculpt or paste? Are there others?
Pat Amaral

Post by Pat Amaral »

Get the sampler pack and try em all!
Pat A.
=============================
50% Nerd, 50% Geek, 100% Cool
Digger1

Post by Digger1 »

all I want to do is effectivley fill a seam.

A good retailer won't try to sell you something you don't need.
Pat Amaral

Post by Pat Amaral »

Babaganoosh wrote:all I want to do is effectivley fill a seam.

A good retailer won't try to sell you something you don't need.
Sorry. You misunderstood my reply. I'm recommending the Sampler Pak because each product has specific strengths and weeknesses in different areas. You should try the different types to see which one most appeals to how you do your seamwork. For me, I like the standard Apoxie Sculpt for everything. I find it easy to work with. I can change it's consistancy with a little alcohol and it cures relatively quickly. You may have a different application so you may want to try to use it in a different way. The sampler is only $16 in the SSM Store so it's easy to get and the samples will last you a while if all you're doing is filling seams.
Pat A.
=============================
50% Nerd, 50% Geek, 100% Cool
Digger1

Post by Digger1 »

Ohhh. I see now.

I thought one was for making sculptures and the other was for putty work. I just didn't know which one. Seems I was misinformed.
TER-OR
Site Admin
Location: Conjugate imprecision of time negates absolute determination of location.

Post by TER-OR »

Aves Apoxie Sculpt is what you want. Color if you want, it's all just additive - the natural product is fine.

Aves Apoxie Paste is pre-thinned, and a bit trickier to use. It's good for filling, though I still prefer Sculpt for almost all of my work.

Also get some of the Safety Solvent, it's nice to thin with. You will need to thin it for most filling work.
Raised by wolves, tamed by nuns, padded for your protection.

Terry Miesle
Never trust anyone who says they don't have a hobby.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati