Confused

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

azdave

Confused

Post by azdave »

Hey all,

I posted this question on the lighting forum, but the traffic there is slow. I did have one reply, but I can't follow the links. Thank you to the author. My question, is there a lighting kit that is simple to install? One that has all of the parts connected to the board. I think I can do the soldering, but I just don't have the time to sit and read about basic electronics. Is there anyone here that can network with me to do the lighting work for pay? If interested please PM me here.
Thanks,
Dave
MillenniumFalsehood

Post by MillenniumFalsehood »

*Every* lighting kit that I know of has a printed circuit board with components ready to install, or has an assembled board with a few things to hook up. Look at some of the kits here in the SSM Store.
If a redhead works at a bakery, does that make him a gingerbread man?

Ponies defeat a Star Trek villain? Give them a Star Wars award ceremony!
azdave

Post by azdave »

I did look at them, but are you saying that there are others to choice from? I need FO for a と お思 &#( pit and four LED for the engines. Are there switches to turn them on/off already connected?
Thanks,
Dave
Pat Amaral

Post by Pat Amaral »

I have yet to find a lighting 'kit' out there that is truly plug 'n play. That being said, in my limited experience, THE simplest solution available is the Deluxe 8 from Madman Lighting, available in the SSM store. It will work for your project but there will still be a little planning on your part. That's what the lighting forum is for. There's a wealth of info there. Some of the best I've found on the Net. You just have to take some time to go through it if you want to complete your project the way you want it.
Pat A.
=============================
50% Nerd, 50% Geek, 100% Cool
azdave

Post by azdave »

I saw it and plane on getting one. Now I only need to connect the power to it.
Thanks,
Dave
azdave

Post by azdave »

Plan to get it. Opps!!
Thanks,
Dave
Pat Amaral

Post by Pat Amaral »

For something like this, your best best is to buy one of these and run the wires through the base. No switch needed. Just snap a 9er on there and you're up and running.
Pat A.
=============================
50% Nerd, 50% Geek, 100% Cool
MillenniumFalsehood

Post by MillenniumFalsehood »

Actually, I'd suggest looking for a solid plastic snap instead of a vinyl one. Those tear after a while, even if you don't change out the battery that often.
If a redhead works at a bakery, does that make him a gingerbread man?

Ponies defeat a Star Trek villain? Give them a Star Wars award ceremony!