Refit navigation light/strobe light placement

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

z1pkicker

Refit navigation light/strobe light placement

Post by z1pkicker »

Hey guys,

Somewhere on the interweb is a diagram which shows the colour and location of the 1701 Refit's navigation & strobe positioning but I can't seem to find it any more.
I'm hoping someone out there can help out please.

Cheers,

Bruce
brt

Post by brt »

http://www.virtualight.com/

click on reference on the home page.
z1pkicker

Post by z1pkicker »

Awesome. Excellent. Thank you so much mate.

Now, I guess that the Madman lighting kit wouldn't work for the Refit because the kit only has six flashers where (if I interpret the diagram correctly) there are 12...?

Maybe John from Madman could help out here.

Cheers, and thanks again.

Bruce
Disillusionist

Post by Disillusionist »

Corect me if I'm wrong...but, I don't think the lights on the fantail are supposed to flash....at least they don't in TMP. They're always steady-on. Just watch the flyover at the end of the movie.
z1pkicker

Post by z1pkicker »

Just watched the Mutara Nebula scene from TWOK.
The top & rear lights at the stern of the engineering hull flash in sync with the saucer running lights as per the diagram in the link above.

In the scene you mention, they are static on - at least the lower one is as you can't see the top.

I prefer the flashing. :)
brt

Post by brt »

Disillusionist wrote:Corect me if I'm wrong...but, I don't think the lights on the fantail are supposed to flash....at least they don't in TMP. They're always steady-on. Just watch the flyover at the end of the movie.
Things changed for Wrath of Khan. For the new footage in II and III the fantail lights blink in sync with the rest of the nav lights. The leaving drydock footage in II is a re-use of the tmp footage so the fantail lights are steady on for that bit.
brt

Post by brt »

z1pkicker wrote:Awesome. Excellent. Thank you so much mate.

Now, I guess that the Madman lighting kit wouldn't work for the Refit because the kit only has six flashers where (if I interpret the diagram correctly) there are 12...?

Maybe John from Madman could help out here.

Cheers, and thanks again.

Bruce
10 nav lights and four strobes. Granted the port, bow and starboard lights could be reduced in half if you ran fiber optics from those LEDs reducing the count by 3.