Thickness for deep space mine windows

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

chiver

Thickness for deep space mine windows

Post by chiver »

I am lighting up a ds9 model and it's my first lighting, but I have no idea what think ness to order for FO please help. I'm going to use clear resin for the pramenade windows
KEEP CALM AND CHIVE ON!!!
Tchail

Post by Tchail »

Here's two suggestions:

You could try the LG64-25 from fiberopticproducts.com. It contains 64 - 0.25mm fiber optic strands.

This is roughly equivalent to what use to come in the AMT fiber optic Star Destroyer kit - and yes, I do plan on using this on my old Star Destroyer.

On the other hand, you could get the FS1 - Fiber Optic Sampler Pack, also from fiberopticproducts.com. This way you could get a variety of fibers and then use what looks best.

Best of luck,

-Tchail
“In the beginning the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry, and has generally been regarded as a bad move." Episode 5, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
chiver

Post by chiver »

Thanks for the advice, but I naught 300 feet of 0.25mm fiber from the fiber optic store.com and a light set from modelers brand. I got one of his light pack. 90 LEDs and an assortment of resistors, shrink capsules, pretty much everything but the solder iron, power source and someone to use it. It was just over $30 after taxes and shipping. Great price and fast responses from him
starsend

Post by starsend »

thefiberopticstore.com is in my opinion the place to shop for fiber. And anything to do with Tom (modeler's brand) is guaranteed to be top notch.
chiver

Post by chiver »

Greed, I have ordered from both, and am very impressed, and Tom was more then extremely helpfull I would recomend these two to anyone any time