First air brush

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Distancegrabber

First air brush

Post by Distancegrabber »

I will be buying my First air brush soon, wanted some advice on this as well as the compressor. I was looking at a The Paasche H is a single action, external mix airbrush today (Paasche H [Siphon Feed] Set-Complete). It looked good to me but I really don't know anything so I need some opinions and advice on buying my First air brush. I am in the USA, so will be buying from the states.

Thanks
Ace Airspeed

Post by Ace Airspeed »

The Paasche H is a great airbrush. I use one that I've had for over 20 years for over 90 percent of the airbrushing I do. It's easy to use and super easy to clean - my go to airbrush. It's a perfect first airbrush that you will keep on using even as your skills and needs progress.

I use a Paasche D3000R compressor, and it's been a joy - quiet, reliable, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. It has a storage tank, regulator, and moisture trap - everything you need.

Stand by for a thousand other opinions...............
iSteve

Post by iSteve »

Did you check out the "Airbrush Survey" sticky thread above? It's very helpful.
For 15 francs more, I can put a can of sardines on your chest.
TER-OR
Site Admin
Location: Conjugate imprecision of time negates absolute determination of location.

Post by TER-OR »

I think the Paashe H was most people's first airbrush. I only moved away from it because I wanted to do more color blending and effects. That said, one of the best modelers I know uses one almost exclusively.

Take care of it, and keep it clean - like any tool.
Raised by wolves, tamed by nuns, padded for your protection.

Terry Miesle
Never trust anyone who says they don't have a hobby.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Not me. My first was a Thayer & Chandler internal double action. Couldn't understand why some people had issues transitioning from a single action to a double because of it. There is a learning curve going from an external mix single to a double action.
Abolish Alliteration
biomedchad

Post by biomedchad »

i am very new to all of this but i picked up the iwata neo and a compressor from harbor freight. i think its the .6 horse..not the .8..its the one that gets better reviews on their website. also, they have many extras you will need at a next to nothing price.
USSARCADIA

Post by USSARCADIA »

I started out with an H,then got a VL and use it exclusively now. It will do what the H does plus more and is easy to use/clean as well.
Did you eat your Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs this morning?