how to use photoetch parts

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

chiver

how to use photoetch parts

Post by chiver »

how do you use photoetch parts? theres probly a post on this and i cant find it.

thanks in advance :)
KEEP CALM AND CHIVE ON!!!
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

er, define "use".

How do you apply them? With a little CA usually. With mutli-part pieces you can CA or solder them together.
Abolish Alliteration
chiver

Post by chiver »

What are they for? I've never heard of them before till I got on here. So they are ment as a detailing? I thought it was some kind of stencle. Lol guess to put it simply what are they used for
Mad-Modeler

Post by Mad-Modeler »

I usually attach with bit of CA/white-glue and hit them with the brush and metal primer.

Now if you are talking working hinges like on a tiger, etc that is a different ball-game.

Chiver.

PE parts can also be stencils. Really depends on the kit.
Often you will have to sands down kit details to use PE.
chiver

Post by chiver »

o ok thanks alot.
The Arbiter
Location: Lynchburg VA, USA, Earth, Sol System - Sector 001, Grid 165, Milky Way Galaxy, Species 5618

Post by The Arbiter »

When I was a teen, I frequently used PE cockpit kits for my aircraft. You could get plane specific controls with little bits of round and square plastic to make 3-d controls. I attached them with C/A glue, in fact I used Crazy Glue™ brand because there was nothing else.

There are many types of CA now, much better suited to modeling, but, well, there ya go.
"Is this a beer I see before me, the bottle toward my hand? Come, let me drink thee. I have thee not, and yet I taste thee still... art thou not, tasty vision, sensible, to taste-buds as to sight?" - Shakesbeer