Solid Styrene spheres?

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

grabula

Solid Styrene spheres?

Post by grabula »

I'm trying to locate a place to purchase smallish plastic/styrene spheres. I'm looking for smaller sizes, 2-30mm in size, anyone know something like this?
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Will acrylic do?
Abolish Alliteration
grabula

Post by grabula »

I don't think so, I'm in afghanistan and have a limited number of tools to my disposal. I've been modelling with styrene and using bondene which I don't think works on acryllic.

About a year or so ago I came across a place that did styrene spheres the right sizes but can't find them!
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Hmmm, USP used to have styrene and i don;t know if bondene works on acrylic or not. CA works wonders on it but if you don't have it, you don't have it. Let me dig around a little more.
Abolish Alliteration
Wug

Post by Wug »

Years ago I bought polystyrene spheres from U.S. Plastic. I can't find them on the website now. Another plastic supplier should have them. You can glue acrylic with Plastruct's Plastic Weld.

Mike
DaveVan

Post by DaveVan »

Plastruct had some ABS at one time....might check them.
scratchy

Post by scratchy »

Are Ping-Pong balls too big?
Mr. Badwrench

Post by Mr. Badwrench »

They're not solid.
I speak of the pompatous of plastic.
Chacal
Location: Rio. Always unseasonably warm, even in the Winter, when we'll host the Summer Olympic Games of 2016

Re: Solid Styrene spheres?

Post by Chacal »

grabula wrote:I'm trying to locate a place to purchase smallish plastic/styrene spheres. I'm looking for smaller sizes, 2-30mm in size, anyone know something like this?
is it 2mm to 30mm, 2mm to 3mm or 20mm to 30mm?
Sheer elegance in its simplicity.

Political unrest in dictatorships is rather like a round of rock-paper-scissors: The oposition goes on denouncing the regime on the papers, the regime censors the papers, rock-throwing ensues.