Need help finding electronic connectors!?

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

MartinHatfield

Need help finding electronic connectors!?

Post by MartinHatfield »

Back during the Halloween season I managed a Halloween Express store in Kennesaw, GA. We got in all kinds of neat electronic props. Some of which were damaged at one point or the other. I took these items and cannibalised them for their electronic components.

The main part that I got out of these props were these great little plug-in connectors. They plugged into other parts of the props to make the prop light up or whatever it's particular feature was. Some of these came from those little "try me" buttons that come on so many holiday type items.

I have this one great set that has the button on one wire that disconnects from a three AA battery housing. another connector goes out to a color changing LED. I took a new connector and put it into the outlet to the LED and then wired it to my lighting kit that I am using for my TOS Enterprise project and the whole thing worked great.

My point is this..I was able to find the male end of these connectors (part number CE084A or CA084A) at my local BATTERIES PLUS shop. However, I cannot find the female portion of these connectors and really need some.

Any help and guidance that I can get from those of you with electronics experience would be helpful.
"I love moments like that....I like to wave at them as they pass by."
Madman Lighting

Post by Madman Lighting »

Check out Mouser (www.mouser.com) and Digi-key (www.digi-key.com).

They are some of the biggest electronics parts shops around, if you cant find it there, try Newark Electronics.

Just a fair warning.... Digi-key stocks nearly 1/2 million parts, so be sure you know what you're looking for. Good luck.
That Madman Who Lit Up Deep Space Nine
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Abolish Alliteration
TREKKRIFFIC

Post by TREKKRIFFIC »

Kylwell wrote:do they look like these? http://www.yankeeroo.com/store/product. ... t=0&page=8
I don't suppose Radio Shack carries these ? These are perfect when you don't want to solder a connection.
"Well--we'll be safe for now--thank goodness we're in a bowling alley--"
MartinHatfield

Post by MartinHatfield »

Kylwell wrote:do they look like these? http://www.yankeeroo.com/store/product. ... t=0&page=8
Kylwell, those are exactly what I got from Batteries Plus. Those are the male plugs. I have 40 of those. Now all I need is female receptacles that the plugs fit into with wire leads on them.
"I love moments like that....I like to wave at them as they pass by."
JadedMonk

Post by JadedMonk »

Not positive, but I think these are what you're looking for...

JST vertical connector
JST right angle connector

I do business with SparkFun regularly, haven' let me down yet.

Cheers, JM