Post-It labels great for masking

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Hermes Trismegistus
Location: Hwy 61 between MN and WI, driving with my knees and grading student essays with a pen in my teeth

Post-It labels great for masking

Post by Hermes Trismegistus »

I don't know when these came out, but I saw a commercial the other day and picked up a couple packs at Office Max. I've used post it notes to mask before, but the sticky part is normally too small to easily mask large camo schemes. These don't have that problem. Very useful.
The best part is that there are generic ones that work just as well.
http://www.3m.com/us/office/postit/labels/
bigh827

Post by bigh827 »

Now that is a good idea, both for what they are ment for and as masking blocks. :wink:
Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Amish Vampires in Space.

Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.
Groucho Marx
WE ARE THE BORG. YOU SPECIES WILL ADAPT TO SER... Squirrel!!
Hermes Trismegistus
Location: Hwy 61 between MN and WI, driving with my knees and grading student essays with a pen in my teeth

Post by Hermes Trismegistus »

Masking isn't what they are meant for?
Oh.
That weird fringe community that uses stationary as office supplies kinda scares me, you know?
Does that also mean Christmas lights are supposed to go on trees instead of into the head of my Evangelion model?
bigh827

Post by bigh827 »

Things mean different things to different people. :wink:
Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Amish Vampires in Space.

Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.
Groucho Marx
WE ARE THE BORG. YOU SPECIES WILL ADAPT TO SER... Squirrel!!
foj3000

Post by foj3000 »

I like using these for making my own custom stencils, Same adhesive as post-it notes:
http://www.amazon.com/3M-COMMERCIAL-Rem ... d_sbs_op_1

Office Depot,Hobby Lobby, Wal-Mart and other stores have them.
tetsujin

Post by tetsujin »

Hermes Trismegistus wrote: That weird fringe community that uses stationary as office supplies kinda scares me, you know?
It's stationary. They can't move it.
---GEC (三面図流の初段)
There are no rats.
The skulls eat them.
TER-OR
Site Admin
Location: Conjugate imprecision of time negates absolute determination of location.

Post by TER-OR »

And there is post-it note tape available, too. Great for punching holes in for camo etc.

I always make sure I have a couple pads of post-it notes in the airbrush desk. As soon as you don't, you'll need 'em.
Raised by wolves, tamed by nuns, padded for your protection.

Terry Miesle
Never trust anyone who says they don't have a hobby.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati
Apollo Adama

Post by Apollo Adama »

Love using Post-its for masking. :tu: