Tool for cutting circles?

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

JBDF

Tool for cutting circles?

Post by JBDF »

I came across this while looking at a blog and was wondering where one would get something like it?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_bELB0PAs8j8/S ... G_6189.JPG
Chacal
Location: Rio. Always unseasonably warm, even in the Winter, when we'll host the Summer Olympic Games of 2016

Post by Chacal »

Olfa has'em, for one.
Sheer elegance in its simplicity.

Political unrest in dictatorships is rather like a round of rock-paper-scissors: The oposition goes on denouncing the regime on the papers, the regime censors the papers, rock-throwing ensues.
USS Atlantis
Location: Galaxy 217, Orion Arm, Sol System, Sol III, 44° 53' N 93° 13' W (Local coordinate system)

Post by USS Atlantis »

Hobbico makes one almost exactly like that

http://www.hobbico.com/tools/hcar0230.html

I picked mine up at my Local Hobby Store
Atlantis (Ken)

Build Blog
DaveVan

Post by DaveVan »

I have a compass with interchangeable points. You can put a point on both arms and scribe circles. I have access to a laser cutter that does mine....but a heavy investment just to cut circles!
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Abolish Alliteration
JBDF

Post by JBDF »

I think I've owned one like the hobbico version before but seem to remember I had some issues with it slipping and flexing. I'll have to hit the hobby store tonight and see if they carry anything.
Zen-Builder

Post by Zen-Builder »

OLFA also makes a great circle cutter and can the extended to make some big circles.

HTH.