Fake photo made with airbrush

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

davelant

Fake photo made with airbrush

Post by davelant »

http://www.drublair.com/comersus/store/tica.asp

I may never touch my airbrush again.
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Er, yes it's know as 'photorealism'. Been done for years.

Dru is also one of the best as far as a/b goes. Been buying his calenders for years.
Abolish Alliteration
Squall67584

Post by Squall67584 »

:shock: Holy crap... I'm lucky if I can shoot an entire model with just one color and make it come out all right.
"I never wanted to be anything else but an Engineer." - Montgomery Scott

My Star Wars "fanfic" story series. Sequel in Progress!
Remnants of the Force

Way of the Blaster
Thomas E. Johnson

Post by Thomas E. Johnson »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Thomas E. Johnson
photoguy

Post by photoguy »

Yeah, it's cool, but it 70 hours. I could have done the same thing in the studio in like, 1/125th of a second :D
Member: IPMS, TSSM& NAPP
Visit my PORTFOLIO and
"Like" me on FACEBOOK
photoguy

Post by photoguy »

I KID! I KID!

Don't take me too seriously!

Actually, that's really dang impressive!
Member: IPMS, TSSM& NAPP
Visit my PORTFOLIO and
"Like" me on FACEBOOK
Rogviler

Post by Rogviler »

Hey how come the first post on stuff like this is always "Yawn, seen it!"

:?

It's amazing, that's for sure. Although if it were me I'd just have to paint something into it so I could "prove" that I actually did it. :) Some blemish or artifact...because even looking at the progress shots my mind can't get that it isn't a photo.

-Rog
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Rogviler wrote:Hey how come the first post on stuff like this is always "Yawn, seen it!"

It's amazing, that's for sure. Although if it were me I'd just have to paint something into it so I could "prove" that I actually did it. :) Some blemish or artifact...because even looking at the progress shots my mind can't get that it isn't a photo.

-Rog
'Cause I have way to many interests and far too much time on my hands.
Abolish Alliteration
bluesman

Post by bluesman »

Dru Blair is a very good artist...I've got two limited edition signed B1-B prints of his...the one of the B-1 kicking up a rooster tail over water, and the other one of a B1 buzzing a poor little bunny getting his little bunny eardrums shattered in the desert.

I got em when I was refueling B1-Bs in the Kansas Air Guard. The framing and mats actually cost more than the prints, but dadgummit, they look great.

And before Photoshop, we actually had to airbrush on real photos to enhance them. Not the digital paperless kind, the kind of photos you actually had to go in a dark room and mix chemicals and develop.
Oh, the ancient primitive days of graphic design and photography...how did we ever do what we did back then?

Photoguy..sure you could. But your not taking into account make up and hair for the model rigging the lights, getting a set ready, and everything else that goes into a photoshoot.

:D
"The" Bluesman formerly known as The Bluesman
kenlilly106

Post by kenlilly106 »

Rogviler wrote:Hey how come the first post on stuff like this is always "Yawn, seen it!"
x2

I don't get it either, if its old hat to you, why bother to take the time to post that you've already seen it?

Ken

PS: Awesome work as usual from Dru, I know that it's all done with shading and tones and layered colors, but the final product still looks real to me.