Enterprise refit strobe lights

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

belkin321

Enterprise refit strobe lights

Post by belkin321 »

I am about to begin work on the 1/350 Enterprise refit. In researching the various light kits available, I have noticed that the strobe lights differ from one light kit to the next in some cases......in that one kit will flash the strobe leds with no light seen from the leds between flashes.....while another kit will flash the strobe leds, however, the led remains illuminated slightly between strobe flashes. I viewed clips from the movies, and the strobe lights appear to go out completly between flashes, but it's sometimes diffucult to determine. So.... what say the people......strobes complety off between flahses or slightly illuminated between flashes. Wanted to double check before making a purchase decision. Thanks in advance for info.
Last edited by belkin321 on Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DLMatthys
Location: "Fracking? Not in my back yard. Now get off my ranch!

Post by DLMatthys »

I still use the good ol' LM3909 LED blinker chip for the Nav Strobe effect (Out of production...But, I have a sourse)
The chips control of the white LED is definately off on the down cyle.
DL Matthys
don@dlmparts.com
http://www.dlmparts.com
Make it Glow!
Scott Hasty

Post by Scott Hasty »

I use a 556 for a very convincing strobe...
I am fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason
jwrjr

Post by jwrjr »

Thr VoodooFX strobe uses a pic12f683 (microcontroller). The lights go out completely between flashes.