Future vs Acrylic Polyurethane vs Furniture Polyurethane

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

HK1997

Future vs Acrylic Polyurethane vs Furniture Polyurethane

Post by HK1997 »

**Slightly Off Topic**

Recently saw a spray can of clear Krylon Acrylic Polyurethane at the store and was wondering what the difference was between that and Future.

I'm working on a pair of painted drumsticks for a student of mine. I normally use multiple coats of thompson's polyurethane for furniture for its rock hard protective properties because they'll be taking a lot of impact. But, I don't want it to yellow the decorations so the clear coat needs to be totally clear and very strong. I was wondering how Krylon Acrylic Polyurethane and Future compares to Polyurethane for Wood.

(please move if this is out of place)
TER-OR
Site Admin
Location: Conjugate imprecision of time negates absolute determination of location.

Post by TER-OR »

I don't really know, but the wood finishes will have more of a carrier media than the Future will.

Future can be used on wood, it sinks in nicely and really pops the grain well. You'll need many more coats, as there isn't that thick media. This may make Future more brittle. You can also try some Envirotex Light, but that will be much trickier to apply.
Raised by wolves, tamed by nuns, padded for your protection.

Terry Miesle
Never trust anyone who says they don't have a hobby.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati