Desperate for decals!!!

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

2keyla

Desperate for decals!!!

Post by 2keyla »

Hey All...

After 20 some odd years I'm finally finishing my Halcyon Dropship from Aliens, Boo Yah!

I thank all my deities that SM had the instructions on line. Now I'm in a search for the decals.

If anyone knows where I can find a set I'd be greatly appreciative. Im up to trading, building, or even , should I say, paying cold cash for a set.

KG

SM Gluers Rule!
en'til Zog

Post by en'til Zog »

Hi, 2keyla.

I've got a drop ship or two down in the 'vault'. I could scan the deKals, send you an image, and maybe you could print 'em or find someone who can.

I asked at my local OfficeMax if I could run laser specific decal sheet through their color laser printer, and they said that I could, so.... You might have luck doing that wherever you are. Maybe OfficeMax, mayb Kinko's.

I also asked the Tango Papa decal people what laser printer could be used with their laser/decal paper and they said 'most any laser printer should work with THEIR decal stock.

Over to you.
2keyla

Post by 2keyla »

en'til Zog...

Thanks millions, a scanned copy would be great. I found an after market decal shop but their no longer taking orders and haven't replied to my requests.

If I had a scan, I think I can copy them over to frisket and make a template for painting. It's the smaller type face things for the rocket pods and the Bug Stomper nose art Im going to have trouble with. Good news is there is an OfficceMax near me.

Thank you greatly, I knew I could count on my SM friends.

KG
Stu Pidasso

Post by Stu Pidasso »

2keyla wrote: Thank you greatly, I knew I could count on my SM friends.
Group hug! :8)
So me, trying to be tolerant of everybody's situations, went to a feminist picnic. Things fell apart fairly quickly after nobody made any sandwiches.