Pastel wash fixative?

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

PetarB

Pastel wash fixative?

Post by PetarB »

After a bit of a modelling hiatus (renovations, don't ask), I thought I'd start small, and throw in a couple of new techniques. I tried a pastel-based wash. Basically, it rocks! Good-bye smelly stuff...
What it's like to know though, is what kind of fixative I can apply without obliterating it. I've got some Mr-Whatever Gunze semigloss spraybomb which gives a nice finish. I'd like to use that but Im a bit cautious... anyone else have any suggestions?
Jonas Calhoun

Post by Jonas Calhoun »

That should work. Light mist coats. Spray the stuff in the air, and wave the model through the falling mist.

Dan
"Laugh while you can, monkey boy!" -- Lord John Whorfin
TER-OR
Site Admin
Location: Conjugate imprecision of time negates absolute determination of location.

Post by TER-OR »

Any clearcoat will do the job. Just go light, as mentioned.
Raised by wolves, tamed by nuns, padded for your protection.

Terry Miesle
Never trust anyone who says they don't have a hobby.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati
Lt. Z0mBe

Post by Lt. Z0mBe »

I have been experimenting with Krylon Workable Fixatif (yes, that's how it is spelled) lately. Holy crap!! It is great. I decant it into airbrush bottle like Krylon flat, and mist it at around 15-20 psi. Absolutely clear fix of pastel dust and anything else I want to do.

Kenny

www.sigmalabsinc.com

Onward, proud eagle, to thee the cloud must yield.