Liquid masks

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Qrest Fourstar

Liquid masks

Post by Qrest Fourstar »

What do you all use for liquid masks? Years ago I used micromask(the brown stuff) and had lousy results. I then used Bob Dively's liquid mask, and have loved it, but I'm out. I bought some Mr hobby liquid mask neo, but have had problems getting it off the model. I bought some of the Hasagawa liquid mask(orange) and it stained my model orange. I just bought a bottle of windsor newton liquid mask for acrylica painting and am waiting for it to dry to test it out as well as I have a bottle of liquid latex waiting to dry.

I have seen allot of folks use the micro mask, but that seems as though it's only available in the UK.

what is everyone else currently using?
-Paul

"She may not look like much, But she's got it where It counts kid." -Han Solo
Antenociti

Post by Antenociti »

Humbrol - haven't used it much but has worked ok so far.
Lt. Z0mBe

Post by Lt. Z0mBe »

I use liquid latex mold builder.

I hope this helps.

Kenny

www.sigmalabsinc.com

Onward, proud eagle, to thee the cloud must yield.
Jonas Calhoun

Post by Jonas Calhoun »

Ambroid EZ-mask...seems to work well, easy to take off (make sure you go with multiple layers--that helps its shear strength!), and stays pliable for a long time.

Dan
"Laugh while you can, monkey boy!" -- Lord John Whorfin
Scanam2006

Post by Scanam2006 »

I have used the MicroScale blue liquid mask many times. It works well and has not interacted with any of the paints or plastics that I have used.
the masking liquid also can diluted with oridinary water should it become too thick.