New Paint

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

darth_daniel

New Paint

Post by darth_daniel »

http://www.revell.de/typo3/en/products/ ... ARTN=36101

There seems to be a new range of Revell colours coming this month. I know there are not many people around using Revell colours, but I use them frequently. These new colours seem to be water based, and it says they can be airbrushed by thinning them with water, so no expensive thinner will be necessary. Has anyone seen them in stores yet or even used them? I´m looking forward to them... :)
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

The old Revell colors that were available in the States where miserable excuses for paint. Glad to hear they've gotten better. I'd be curious to try these out.
Abolish Alliteration
darth_daniel

Post by darth_daniel »

kylwell wrote:The old Revell colors that were available in the States where miserable excuses for paint.
Huh...maybe that´s why my models didn´t turn out that well... :oops: Gotta try something new.
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Could be. I had a bottle of Zink Chromate green that would never dry. You'd paint it on and a week later it'd still be tacky. Same with their Leather color.
Abolish Alliteration
darth_daniel

Post by darth_daniel »

I bought some of the new colours two days ago, while their old paints were all enamels the new ones are acrylics. Haven´t tried them yet but they look very nice and the cap of each tin is designed as a small bowl for mixing colours. So, what´s better, acrylics or enamels?
justcrash

Post by justcrash »

darth_daniel wrote:I bought some of the new colours two days ago, while their old paints were all enamels the new ones are acrylics. Haven´t tried them yet but they look very nice and the cap of each tin is designed as a small bowl for mixing colours. So, what´s better, acrylics or enamels?

A matter of preference, I suppose. I like acrylics myself. Less cleanup, less fumes, etc.