Silver Paint Problems Solved

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

samgunn

Silver Paint Problems Solved

Post by samgunn »

Always had the problem with silver paint that even if you can get it to go on nice and look like metal, as soon as you try to put a clear coat on to protect the decals and the powdery finish most silver paint seam to have, the clear coat has always messed up the silver turning it a greyish colour. Well I have just given ‘Pledge one goâ€￾ floor shiner a go and it worked great, did not effect the silver and if anything made it look more metallic, in fact looks almost as metallic as bare-metal foil. The stuff is cheep as to, about AUD$6 for 500ml. Will not work through the airbrush though goes all beady but I applied it with a wide soft brush and it smooths right out. Anyway im shore I have not discovered anything new but felt the need to share.

Sam
Stu Pidasso

Post by Stu Pidasso »

Pledge One Go? Is that the American name for it?

Either way, I have got to try it out. Thanks dude! 8)
So me, trying to be tolerant of everybody's situations, went to a feminist picnic. Things fell apart fairly quickly after nobody made any sandwiches.
BERT aka MODEL MAKER

Post by BERT aka MODEL MAKER »

thanks for the tip, how permanate is it ? how long will it last ? :D
BERT
MODEL MAKER
IF MY SIGNAL IS BLINKING, I AM NOT ASKING PERMISSION