Need help to set up an ALPS MD-2010

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Marcal

Need help to set up an ALPS MD-2010

Post by Marcal »

My problem, step by step, is:

-I get an ALPS MD-2010 from USA.

-I bought also a transformator because in Germany the power is 220 V

-I have a PC with XP operating system.

-I installed the drivers for win98 but to do so I had to switch on the compatibility for these exe files (the driver program).

-I switch the printer and it seems to work with the drivers from windows because I see no monitor on the taskbar and any special "properties" panel.

-It prints correctly the Black and Blue colors, but there are problems with red and yellow (worse in the case of red): it seems to be that the ribbon sticks on the paper because there are "white" strips on where the red color should be...

-I installed a brand new red ribbon but the result is the same.

-To check if it is problem of the transformator I interchanged the labels of the black and the red ribbons: then the red prints OK and the black doesn't.

-I checked the web page of ALPS and it says something about to clean the head, but you have to have the User's guide and I don't have it.

-The page also says somethign about to use paper for laser printers. I'm doing all this with paper I used in laser printers and works just fine... on the other hand if it was a problem of the paper the trick of changig labels wouldn't had work...

PLEASE: can someone give me a hand ??? Any clue??? My guess is that it is a driver problem... but I have any real clue... HELP PLEASE !!!

If your only comment is: "you shouldn't have bought this printer", please skip it... I'm really pissed off and I don't need this kind of comments...
DasPhule

Post by DasPhule »

Go here, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Alps/ join the group then ask your question. They usually can help with most any ALPS problem.

Erin
<*>
DasPhule

Post by DasPhule »

Also, when I switched to XP it didn't like the ALPS either. The new drivers for XP suck, and the old ones won't work on XP. I just print stuff off of my wife's machine that has WinME.

Erin
<*>
Marcal

Post by Marcal »

The problem is solved !!!

I joined the yahoo group and asked them... no response at all, but waiting. I e-mailed a guy who claims he has a win XP drivers suitable to my printer but for copyright issues he is not allowed to distribute them... in the very same e-mail he suggested me to contact ALPS and ask for the drivers and, if the answer is negative and I have a good intenet conection, he will send them... well, he suggest something like this... :D

But what I have done is to get a laptop with win-98 in it and install the printer. The driver works fine, but the red ribbon problem persisted. :evil:

AND THEN MY WIFE HAS COME !!!

She checked the printer and noticed that there was something wrong with the YELLOW ribbon. There were no "rolling sticks" to help the ribbon roll... We have rewined the yellow ribbon and we have seen a lot of colors... so it was the yellow ribbon the one taht removed all the other colors. we tried to change it for a new one... and... IT WORKS !!!! finally !!! :D :D :D :D

Anyway I'm glad to have joined this yahoo ALPS group. A lot of interesting stuff there ! Thank you for recomend it!!!

I will try to get these drivers for XP...