How to request thread permanence (?)

Just what it implies.
Zubie

How to request thread permanence (?)

Post by Zubie »

How does one go about requesting that a particular thread be permanent (in the particular example it will also require a title change).

In the paper modeler's topic area someone asked a question specifically about materials that work best (Advice needed). Well he got a lot of very good answers (particularly from me ;) ) Well, the thing is this thread now has pretty good information about building paper models in general. It would be nice if it could be made permanent and have a more accurate title - "Advice on Paper for Paper Modeling" would be much better. Unfortunately there is no specific moderator for this topic so who do I ask? (I have PM'd a couple of moderators at large but don't know if anything has come of it).

There are some "info" threads in some other areas that have some permanence which is nice (how does that work?), There are unique questions that appear outside of general construction that would be nice to remain up, like the perennial "what color is the Enterprise" question that seems to come up every couple of years or so. It seems a shame that some topics that remain active for a couple of years vanish because 30-60 days went by without a "bump".

Paper models also has the unique aspect that models are available through links, but unfortunately if no one bumps the thread after a while models, sometimes lots of models, vanish into the ether. If one wanted to limit it to a couple of threads for dowloadable kits (40K for example) that would help. Sure, the links go dead, but some actually end up in the archive(.org) and are actually still out there in a sense IF one has the original URL.
La maquina sobre mi escritorio es una "computadora" del latin "computare", no un "ordenador". El estado de mi escritorio afirma eso. (yo/me)
Blappy

Re: How to request thread permanence (?)

Post by Blappy »

By making it an announcement it will become permanent, I have done thusly. :)
BUILDING THE FUTURE!

"In the universe, space travel may be the normal birth pangs of an otherwise dying race. A test. Some races pass, some fail."
- Robert A. Heinlein

Our only chance of long-term survival is not to remain lurking on planet Earth, but to spread out into space.
- Stephen Hawking, 2011

The Blaposphere
SpaceRanger1

Post by SpaceRanger1 »

Another thread that needs to be permanenced/permanentified is the ongoing thread on the 1/350 K'Tinga.
Michael McMurtrey
IPMS-USA #1746
IPMS-Canada #1426
Carrollton, TX

"Yup, exactly what SpaceRanger1 is saying. 100%" — seashark
TurkeyVolumeGuessingMan

Post by TurkeyVolumeGuessingMan »

SpaceRanger1 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:46 pm Another thread that needs to be permanenced/permanentified is the ongoing thread on the 1/350 K'Tinga.
Good idea! the Bandai Star Wars thread as well as the Yamato 2199/2202 threads ought to also become permanent, I think.
Greg
Plastic modeling and other nerd stuff in Japan on my YouTube channel
My WIP modeling page on Tumblr.
One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick. And I was like, "That log had a child!"