Vallejo Plastic Putty

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Go Flight

Vallejo Plastic Putty

Post by Go Flight »

With this product people seem to love it or hate it. I'm in the love column.
Maybe they have been getting complaints, but anyway, they just released a video on how to use it.
Maybe it could save a few tubes from being tossed in the trash... ;)

https://youtu.be/gUn2xnefo4I
gsb5w

Re: Vallejo Plastic Putty

Post by gsb5w »

Nice. I will be getting a tube of that.

Thanks for the heads up.
TazMan2000

Post by TazMan2000 »

My LHS doesn't carry this stuff even though the have Amost all lines of the Vallejo paints. I'm going to ask that they stock this stuff.

TazMan2000
irishtrek

Post by irishtrek »

How much does it run for??
Normal?? What is normal??
Ramsayman

Post by Ramsayman »

I don't understand how they can claim the results as "ultra accurate," which is said multiple times. I can understand "looks great" and "convincing," but "ultra accurate?" Especially when working with different scales.

Either way, I need some of this! Can't believe I haven't gotten any yet.
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

I have tried it and was not a fan but that was long ago enough that they may have re-formulated it. Largely it didn't stick and took forever to dry. Far prefer Aves, Mr. Surfacer 500, & rubber impregnated CA.
Abolish Alliteration
Rogviler

Post by Rogviler »

Ramsayman wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:42 am I don't understand how they can claim the results as "ultra accurate," which is said multiple times. I can understand "looks great" and "convincing," but "ultra accurate?" Especially when working with different scales.
I was going to say, based on some of the wording it seems to have been translated to English from another language. I would guess that's part of the strange word choices. Where is Vallejo from, anyway?

-Rog
irishtrek

Post by irishtrek »

Checked out the web sites for a couple of LHSs today and Tammies Hobbies carries the Vallejo putty and I went there this afternoon and picked up a bottle of it, they don't seem to carry it in a tube.
Tried it on the back of the AMT 18" Enterprise and it was dry in just a few minutes. No more heavy sanding!!! Oh and Vallejo comes from Spain.
Tammies also carries Perfect Plastic putty as does the local Hobbytown, but HT does not carry Vallejo paints or putty.
Normal?? What is normal??
Go Flight

Post by Go Flight »

Ramsayman wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:42 am I don't understand how they can claim the results as "ultra accurate," which is said multiple times. I can understand "looks great" and "convincing," but "ultra accurate?" Especially when working with different scales.

Either way, I need some of this! Can't believe I haven't gotten any yet.
I think they may be saying that b/c of the needle nose applicator it has...