NX-01 deflector color?

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

belkin321

NX-01 deflector color?

Post by belkin321 »

Hello,
Does the forward deflector on the NX-01 light up only blue.......i.e. does it change colors as the 1701 and/or 1701A, depending if at impulse or warp drive......or does it remain blue regardless of impulse or warp?
Thanks for any assistance. Have a good weekend.
Gary L.
photoguy

Post by photoguy »

I only ever saw it in blue on screen. I always thought that the gold/amber color on the Refit was how it looked when powered down. That would have been light reflecting off of the dish. When it's powered up, it glows with it's own internal power.

I could be wrong though.
Member: IPMS, TSSM& NAPP
Visit my PORTFOLIO and
"Like" me on FACEBOOK
ashrond

Post by ashrond »

nx-01 was on or off as far as the deflector dish, like the enterprise-d
kitty

Post by kitty »

If you look at the refit startup sequence in STMP and TWOK and other footage you can see that the color of the refector dish when powered down is a metalic grey color with maybe a bit of light blue in it. no lights.
When the ship starts up it is lit up from inside with amber/gold/copper and when impulse engines or warp drive are engaged it is lit up from inside with a light blue source and an extra light blue ring is lit around it.

As far as i know the deflector of the NX-01 only glows blue (when on)
Democracy may be only a few steps removed from anarchy,
But at least it's not as loud.
You broke your little ships. See you around Ahab. :spock: