Upgrading my Aztek Airbrush.

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Jun AustriaGBCPAQ

Upgrading my Aztek Airbrush.

Post by Jun AustriaGBCPAQ »

Well, after using my Aztek A470 for a few months (bougth it last 1998 in Micro-Mark) and seeing my 10 year old son interest in modelling. I think its time to hand over my Aztek Airbrush to him.

I have my eye on the Iwata Eclipse and High Performance Airbrush.
And this site "http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/iwata.aspx" seems to have all models and accessories.

I checked dixieart but its seems they dont have all the accessories. Its gonna be a big online purchase on my part. So just wanna ask anybody in this forum if this www.tcpglobal.com is legit or anybody bought there AB there.?
Joseph Osborn

Post by Joseph Osborn »

I think TCPGlobal sells a lot of stuff on Ebay. Dixie Art carries just about any part or accessory you could ever want for Iwata airbrushes and they have free shipping over $60. But I think you're outside the USA... Dixie Art is in New Orleans, so you'd be helping revive the local economy if you bought from them. C'mon, be politically correct :D
Jun AustriaGBCPAQ

Joseph Osborn wrote:I think TCPGlobal sells a lot of stuff on Ebay. Dixie Art carries just about any part or accessory you could ever want for Iwata airbrushes and they have free shipping over $60. But I think you're outside the USA... Dixie Art is in New Orleans, so you'd be helping revive the local economy if you bought from them. C'mon, be politically correct :D
Thanks for the advice. I will check it out again at Dixie Arts.
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

There's also Dick Blick and our own Tom Grossman.

Had issues with Dixie. Cheap they are, but service they aren't.
Abolish Alliteration
Jun AustriaGBCPAQ

Kylwell wrote:There's also Dick Blick and our own Tom Grossman.

Had issues with Dixie. Cheap they are, but service they aren't.
Woah. What issue? Just placed my orders few minutes ago. I hope this items will arrive.

94NAC201 Iwata Tabletop Clean Station
94015001 Iwata Superlube .3oz
94CTI10 Iwata 10 foot cobra coil
94FA450 Iwata Pistol Grip Filter
94I0704 Iwata Eclipse SBS 1/4oz Color Cup SBS
94I1552 Iwata HP Preset Handle HPC HPBC HPBCS
94I6051 Iwata Eclipse Packing Head
94I1050 Iwata Eclipse Crown Cap
94ECL3550 Iwata Eclipse SBS Set (1/2oz CC and Bottle)
94ECL2000M Iwata Eclipse HP-BCS
94H3001 Iwata HPSB Plus (1/8oz CC)
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Lack of communication, shipping costs, mis-shipping, lack of communication.

Out of 5 orders, 3 were screwed up. My apologies for not posting sooner.
Abolish Alliteration
k-dog

Post by k-dog »

I ordered from them last year and did not have any issues. I got a HP-C plus with the kit and was happy with the whole deal. Quite a list there.
GameraBaenre

Post by GameraBaenre »

This is a shop that is local to me and I highly recommend them. They also have an online site: http://www.coastairbrush.com/categorypage.html
They have excellent customer service, and prices are competitive with Dixieart.
Jun AustriaGBCPAQ

No apology Kylwell. I'm sorry if you have a bad experience from them. Just hope they have change.

Yeah, its a long list k-dog. Its gonna be shipped from USA to Brunei. So, just might as well do it in one go.

Anyway, thanks guys for the advice. This forum helps me lot on choosing the right tool for the enjoyment of our hobbies.

Cheers :-)
Jun AustriaGBCPAQ

Kylwell wrote:Lack of communication, shipping costs, mis-shipping, lack of communication.

Out of 5 orders, 3 were screwed up. My apologies for not posting sooner.
Kylwell, I'm starting to believed you. Its already 5 days since I placed my order. So far they cannot deliver yet. Yesterday, I e-mail them for the status of my order. I got this reply...

"February 19, 2008

Sorry, we are still backorder on: a number of Iwata parts

Would you like us to ship your order with out the backorders or still hold your order until backorder is received (approx 10-21 days), please reply.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Thanks
Dixie Art "

Well, I cannot say yes to this if its gonna be just a hose or a filter or other accessories.

I wish they should mentioned what they are so i can decide. So I e-mail that question. And its gonna be another day before I get my answer.

Another thing what they should do with there web site. Indicate if the item is "out of stock" or "backordered". At least the customer will have the option to look somewhere else.

But I hope with FedEx, mis-shipping can be avoided.
Jun AustriaGBCPAQ

Again, after I checkout from Coast Airbrush and weeks of waiting I have cancelled my order from them. The reason?

"Jun,
The only reason for delay is the address information you provided. We emailed you requesting to email us with your correct address again. We have not received any response from the last email we sent you. We will gladly cancel the order for the full amount.
Coast Airbrush"

I did response, twice. Giving them redundant info and yet nothing.

They have poor communication on there purchasing system regarding international orders, same case as Dixie Arts.

So I end up ordering the Metal version of Aztek airbrush from Micro-Mark.
Using the same info I used in purchasing in Coast Airbrush and Dixie Arts.
Micro-Mark delivers. Now thats a good service.
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

I'd have given Dick Blick a try.
Abolish Alliteration
Jun AustriaGBCPAQ

Kylwell wrote:I'd have given Dick Blick a try.
There Iwata stocks are expensive specially the HP-SB Plus (woh).
Hobby Town got limited stock only.
So I have given up my quest for Iwata and decided to continue loving my Aztek.

Anyway, so far Aztek havent let me down. And I said to myself, I only use Airbrush for models only. So I gave Aztek another chance.

Now got two Aztek A470 bought from Micro-Mark back in 1999 and one on the way Aztek model A7778.