looking for a book or dvd about lighting...

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

redfinger

looking for a book or dvd about lighting...

Post by redfinger »

is there a dvd series or book avilable that talks about lighting a model?

Ashton
jwrjr

Post by jwrjr »

I'm not aware of either a book or DVD about model lighting. I learned how to do it, as I expect most have, by doing it. The trick there is to start with one model (at least) that is expendable. Better to make a mistake there than on an important model.
I have a kit for a VF-1S Strike Valkyrie that at present is gathering dust.
en'til Zog

Post by en'til Zog »

I'm (re)writing one now. It's an update of my old 27 page "Things That go BLINK in the Night" booklet that some people have found quite useful. I hadn't been charging for copies of it and got tired of sending it out and no one seemed interesting in even offering me postage, so I stopped. Once I get it 'finished' or updated (new 1,2,3,and 4 watt LEDs, new circuits) and can find an actual publisher, you may see it available somewhere. Probably even here in the SSM store.
admiralcag

Post by admiralcag »

en'til Zog wrote:I'm (re)writing one now. It's an update of my old 27 page "Things That go BLINK in the Night" booklet that some people have found quite useful. I hadn't been charging for copies of it and got tired of sending it out and no one seemed interesting in even offering me postage, so I stopped. Once I get it 'finished' or updated (new 1,2,3,and 4 watt LEDs, new circuits) and can find an actual publisher, you may see it available somewhere. Probably even here in the SSM store.
I would be very interested in such a book!

Vern
It's a great day for America, everybody!
DLMatthys
Location: "Fracking? Not in my back yard. Now get off my ranch!

Post by DLMatthys »

A good book with simple wire and lighting tricks used on simple models of Star Wars is a book by Matt Usher A Galaxy Far Away. It's a Kalmbach book so find it in your local hobby shops or have them order it in.

Covers Lamps, LEDs and EL Sheet Lamps and how to power them

From then on you learn by doing.
DL Matthys
don@dlmparts.com
http://www.dlmparts.com
Make it Glow!
redfinger

Post by redfinger »

I have been doing some research and found that some railroad electronics books are really good, they have detailed instructions on lighting(solid and blinkning) and sound!!

Ashton