When Airbrushing Paneling...

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

justcrash

When Airbrushing Paneling...

Post by justcrash »

or any weathering where you put down tape to create a fine line, I know the airbrush is supposed to be at a 45 degree angle. Do you brush up the side of the tape, or away from teh side of the tape?
Jonas Calhoun

Post by Jonas Calhoun »

Depends on the effect you are trying to create. For a completely solid fill, it doesn't really matter. But if you want some mottling in there, each way will produce different results...and where the spray actually falls (mostly on the tape, overspray only on tape, etc).

Hate to say it, but grab a sheet of styrene and practice--you'll see the effect you want.

Dan
"Laugh while you can, monkey boy!" -- Lord John Whorfin
justcrash

Post by justcrash »

Jonas Calhoun wrote:Depends on the effect you are trying to create. For a completely solid fill, it doesn't really matter. But if you want some mottling in there, each way will produce different results...and where the spray actually falls (mostly on the tape, overspray only on tape, etc).

Hate to say it, but grab a sheet of styrene and practice--you'll see the effect you want.

Dan
I think you answered my question... I wasn't keeping the bulk of it on the tape. Thanks! :)