wash question...

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

BrandoThompson

wash question...

Post by BrandoThompson »

I looked through the section already and couldn't find what I was looking for....
Ok so I'm wanting to know what I can use to wash a model after using airbrushed acrylic.
The thread did say that water based washes aren't that great, so could I use oil based?
Lt. Z0mBe

Post by Lt. Z0mBe »

Check my posts in the first page of the "Washes" thread. They expain, quite clearly, how it's done. You'll have a blast. Also, the technique works with Apple Barrel (NOT DELTA CERAMCOAT!) paints.

ALso, make sure you have a gloss coat before applying ANY type of wash.

Ihope this helps.

Kenny

www.sigmalabsinc.com

Onward, proud eagle, to thee the cloud must yield.
TER-OR
Site Admin
Location: Conjugate imprecision of time negates absolute determination of location.

Post by TER-OR »

You have 3 options for water-based washes - paint, pastel chalk, and watercolors. Do remember to glosscoat with acrylic, though. Oil washes work fine over acrylic, too.
Raised by wolves, tamed by nuns, padded for your protection.

Terry Miesle
Never trust anyone who says they don't have a hobby.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati
dkeets

Post by dkeets »

TER-OR wrote:You have 3 options for water-based washes - paint, pastel chalk, and watercolors.
I've been farting around using different washes for the last couple years and after reading about using artist quality watercolor paints on this site, this is by far the easiest technique.

It doesn't matter what paints you are using for a base coat as long as I have a decent coat of future, clean up is a breeze.
TER-OR
Site Admin
Location: Conjugate imprecision of time negates absolute determination of location.

Post by TER-OR »

Huzzah!
Damp q-tip cleanup, couldn't be easier!
Raised by wolves, tamed by nuns, padded for your protection.

Terry Miesle
Never trust anyone who says they don't have a hobby.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati
BrandoThompson

Post by BrandoThompson »

thanks guys!!! I'll try it out soon!