Photo Etching services

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Agent Orange

Photo Etching services

Post by Agent Orange »

After a trawl through the net trying to find somewhere to get custom PE stuff made....I found http://www.modelshop.co.uk/services/s_03.htm

Just though I'd pass the link on to those who are always looking for PE stuff. I'm not sure how the prices compare to US companies as I can't find any that list prices!

Cheers,

Mike
"You Klingon Son, you killed my Bastard!"
TimeScape

Post by TimeScape »

You may also ask John at MMI for this service as well.
Never try to teach a pig to sing.... it wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Johnnycrash

Post by Johnnycrash »

Hah!! That's timing for you. :D

I was just trolling the baord, and about to post a request. Who needs custom PE?? I have a prototype sheet that I want to get going. But, it has some large blank areas that I can't fill with anything so far. Normaly I would just down-size the sheet, but a few of the pieces need the larger size.

So, what do you need, and how many?? The cost is $2.11 USD per square inch. That includes the film, PE (006 half-hard brass), and standard letter post shipping.
John Fleming
I know that's not what the instructions say, but the kit's wrong anyway.
bmagee

Post by bmagee »

Hi Johnny,
I have never submitted anything for another person to do PE for me. So you would need the artwork of course......do you prefer photoshop or what format exactly sir?
Thanks in advance....
Johnnycrash

Post by Johnnycrash »

CDR (CorelDraw) if you can, that's what I work in. Otherwise, just about any vector format will do. DXF is best, as just about any vector program should export/import this formatr. That's the whole pont of it. :) If you send a DXF, please include a JPG as well, as the "fill" info doesn't always translate right. As well, any dimensions you have. Nothing worse than doing it at the wrong size. :shock:
John Fleming
I know that's not what the instructions say, but the kit's wrong anyway.