Testors Aztek 470 airbrush problems

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

DLMatthys
Location: "Fracking? Not in my back yard. Now get off my ranch!

Testors Aztek 470 airbrush problems

Post by DLMatthys »

I was beginning to hate and found a way to fix it. Also I am loathe to send it back to Testers...again!

I lost the double action capabilty like it was set to be full on and wide open. Though I had to tear into it dispite warenty issues from Testers not to do so like it's some kinda state secret.

Turned out that the steel shaft that pushes into the needle assembly was pushed waaaaaaay to far back. Into that red dingus part thingy. Thus the needle stays back and with wide open paint flow. Pulled it forward and reassembled it...works just fine!

Now totally convinced that I can fix a rainy day. :---)

Is there a FAQ on troubleshooting this thing?
DL Matthys
don@dlmparts.com
http://www.dlmparts.com
Make it Glow!
BALTA1

Post by BALTA1 »

I know that FSM had an issue where they took it apart or it could have been just the nozzle.

BTW, I've heard that the 430 is much better because it doesn't have the silver knob that controls the air pressure. I always thought about buying one but went with the Iwata revolution instead.

I'll see if I can find the issue.
Last edited by BALTA1 on Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stir not the bitterness in the cup I have mixed for myself!
Stubbs

Post by Stubbs »

I've had the Aztek brush and was happy with it, when it worked. Which wasn't often. I sent that thing back for service no less than 8 times. Eventually I gave up on it and went back to a nice Badger. Anything goes wrong with that, the parts are readily available and it's easy to service.

Going on 4 years now, and not a single problem with it.
What's more dangerous? The guy holding a gun to your head, or the guy who has the literary skill to make poison read like sugar?

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d173/ ... hotobucket 'el Stubbserino</a>
DLMatthys
Location: "Fracking? Not in my back yard. Now get off my ranch!

Post by DLMatthys »

Stubbs wrote: Eventually I gave up on it and went back to a nice Badger.
I still have my Badger 350 and my XF100 which is recently rebuildt and used only for the good stuff! :wink:

In my opinion the Aztek lines are way over engineered in their so called "space aged" plastics and not very user freindly for maintenence.
DL Matthys
don@dlmparts.com
http://www.dlmparts.com
Make it Glow!
Beacher

Post by Beacher »

I was afraid of taking apart my new Paasche VL, but found that it's really quite simple when you get into it. The instructions even anticipate the user's screwing up to a certain extent.

But it's amazing how old paint can creep into every little bit of it. It really should be taken apart and cleaned after every session.