Badger 200 airbrush trouble-help!

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

TB2

Badger 200 airbrush trouble-help!

Post by TB2 »

I've been experiencing blow-back with my Badger 200 airbrush (ie, bubbles in the paint cup with nothing coming out the nozzle), and I can't figure out why. I performed my usual trouble-shooting attempts:

-tore it down, thoroughly cleaned all parts with laquer (except teflon ring and o-ring)
-checked all air and paint flow openings
-adjusted pressure and needle settings
-checked teflon ring in nozzle and rubber o-ring in trigger
-disassemled spring etc. in trigger to check for blockage

I was using a fine needle/tip set-up, switched to a medium needle/tip set-up but still the same problem. In the past I've always been able to get it going again, but not this time. I'm stumped, any suggestions? I've been using acrylic almost exclusively.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Tony Agustin

Post by Tony Agustin »

It sounds like something is clogged inside the tip of the airbrush itself where the needle tip fit into the front. Maybe you have to really soak the inside tip and clean it out with an extremely fine brass wire. I've always had problems with acylics clogging my airbrushes and causing blowback. The problem stopped when I thinned the acylics slightly more than usual.
DasPhule

Post by DasPhule »

I had this problem, and it's definetly a clogged tip. A new nose assembly is like $8, solves the problem instantly.

Erin
<*>
jack wendt

Post by jack wendt »

DasPhule wrote:I had this problem, and it's definetly a clogged tip. A new nose assembly is like $8, solves the problem instantly.

Erin
<*>
i have had the same problem for some time. my needle is ever so slightly bent. however all else being equal, it does not seem to effect the end job.
just MHO.
DX-SFX

Post by DX-SFX »

It's a job that dress making needles were designed for (other than dress making).