Castrol Super Cleaner

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

joewhite

Castrol Super Cleaner

Post by joewhite »

Not sure if this has been discussed lately. I recently decided to redo an old model of mine from scratch. I'd heard CSC is a good paint stripper. Well, while trying to find this stuff in my local area I found out, after calling Castrol, that they sold that product to another company. It's now just called Super Cleaner and is supposed to be the same formula and in a similar looking purple plastic spray bottle.

I went looking for the Super Cleaner and was lucky to find the gallon sized Castrol version instead....last one at K-Mart! Anyway, I thought I'd give a heads up incase you were looking for the Castrol brand Super cleaner and couldn't find it. I hope it works just like everyone says it does. I'll be soaking my model in it tomorrow. Peace!

Joe
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Thanks for the heads up. I've never had a problem locating it here- the automotive section of Wal Mart always carried a dozen jugs of the stuff.

Be aware that Castrol sells a line of car wash/cleaning products under the same "Super Clean" name. Make sure the bottle says *degreaser*

FYI, Bonedigger's guide to paint strippers for models.
"Of all the chili that I've eaten in my travels, this has the most.......Cumin."
LuiS_42

Post by LuiS_42 »

TurtleWax makes a similar product. comes in a huge jug too, same purple liquid,same dipping procedure and best of all same results! :wink:
"Hell Hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega."