1/2" numbers, letters

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

TB2

1/2" numbers, letters

Post by TB2 »

Anyone know where I can find 1/2" high WHITE letters and numbers, in a Times New Roman style, or something similar? In this case I'm not looking for a modern type of font. I'd prefer rub-on, although if I have to I'll use decals.
I've checked Chartpak, Letraset and Woodland Scenics but they don't have what need, most is black or too small.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

36 point Helvetica white? Might need to go to the 42 poitn size but they should be half inch.
Abolish Alliteration
Andrew Gorman

Post by Andrew Gorman »

Dry transfers are going the way of the Dodo, but can still show up at big or out-of the-way art supply stores, or university bookstores. There are some generic white USAF/USN letters that could work, but I don't know who currently makes them or what they are called. I have a few sheets from the sale box from the last decent local hobby shop worthy of the name. If you need only a few letters in Amarillo, let me know and and I'll see what I have.
Andrew
Mr. Badwrench

Post by Mr. Badwrench »

A good model railroad shop might have what you need.
I speak of the pompatous of plastic.
TB2

Post by TB2 »

Thanks all for the info, much appreciated. Kylwell, that looks like what I need! Funny enough, I was at the Ottawa show yesterday (anyone else go?) and stumbled across two sheets of 1/2" Roman lettering. After I order the set recommended here I should be good to go :D
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

I have founf you always find just what you need after you've bought it online.
Abolish Alliteration
TB2

Post by TB2 »

BTW, thanks for the offer Andrew!