25th Anniversary, right?

Just what it implies.
FORTRESS

Re: 25th Anniversary, right?

Post by FORTRESS »

Sure as hell Miss those classics Starship modeler designed model kits I'm sure I'm not the only one that would love for there to be another batch of these beauties produced man what they develop from the story ideals that are currently running now

Strange new worlds, Picard, Discovery, there's just so much out there for them to develop from.
onezero
Site Admin
Location: In my living room watching - but I am not laughing.

Post by onezero »

Day job, kid, obligations .... you know how it goes.

But the aging parents have leveled up, the kid is fledging ... might be able to get back into that racket in the near future.
<*>
j
john lester
Starship Modeler

A hyphenated word and a non-hyphenated word walk into a bar and the bartender nearly chokes on the irony.
Thewrathofodysseus

Post by Thewrathofodysseus »

Been here since the beginning, even before I HAD a computer! Used to browse the site on a WebTV! Every once in a while I re-read some of the articles I wrote or look at some of my old contest entries, the Tie defender I made out of an old MPC TiE interceptor and a cough syrup cup makes me smile, now I print things on my mars elegoo. I had a ton of fun researching the Valley Forge with Michael Denzter for the reference section. I was so obsessed with that ship, I still have the 1970's copy of American Cinematographer I bought off Ebay just for the Valley Forge pictures! (Ive yet to get or make a model of that damn ship!). SSM has been the one constant in my life. Through my divorce, though my cancer, and many other ups and downs. While I may clash ideologically with some folks now and again I enjoy the interaction between us. Ive met a few of you in person and sadly some are no longer with us (Miss you Rod), and now that I've switched coasts I hope to actually attend a wonderfest. Here's to 25 more years!
Aut viam invenium aut facium
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

Aww hell, now I’m getting feels, brother, SSM has been a constant for me as well.

I miss Clyde aka Ent’il Zog, aka Emperor Zog the Appalling.
Never miss an opportunity to be a class act.
Madman Lighting

Post by Madman Lighting »

I had a few email chats with Zog a long time ago. Seemed like a really nice guy. Too bad he passed.
That Madman Who Lit Up Deep Space Nine
ente per ente

Post by ente per ente »

For Madman Lighting:
I had a few email chats with Zog a long time ago. Seemed like a really nice guy. Too bad he passed.
I didn't know Entil'zog had passed away...Do you know how, and when? I remember to have met him ( along with Nazgul001, from Texas...) at a Scale Model Contest in the U.S.A., in 2011 ( Wausau Glue Crew Contest 2011 ) while being on vacation in Wisconsin...sad to know about that...
"So much with WWII panzer tanks...we are tired of seeing so many of them at model shows!"

www.lacenturia.it
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

I didn’t know he was a WW II veteran;

https://www.legacy.com/funeral-homes/ob ... batesville
ente per ente

Post by ente per ente »

Thanks for posting Clyde J. Jones' Obituary...now I know, sad news...
"So much with WWII panzer tanks...we are tired of seeing so many of them at model shows!"

www.lacenturia.it
MillenniumFalsehood

Post by MillenniumFalsehood »

Dang, I remember back in "the old days" of 2001, I was just a dumb kid looking for modelmaking stuff online, and stumbled on the main site when looking for information on how to build Star Wars kits and being so inspired by the articles written up there and the reader's gallery! I still look through them to get inspiration for my modeling, as there are a lot of good builds on there that have a bunch of techniques I still want to try (I really need to try Alfred Wong's steel wool technique sometime) as well as some builds that make me want to track down the kit in order to give it a shot.

There's no substitute for this site as far as I'm concerned. It's a treasure trove of information and inspiration!

And of course, I decided one day to brave joining the forums so I could ask questions, and it led to getting a LOT of good information, not to mention developing some great friendships! :D I'm really happy this place exists!
If a redhead works at a bakery, does that make him a gingerbread man?

Ponies defeat a Star Trek villain? Give them a Star Wars award ceremony!
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

PREACH

(seriously, I could not agree more)
Dr. Yo

Post by Dr. Yo »

zaphod wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 5:36 pm Aww hell, now I’m getting feels, brother, SSM has been a constant for me as well.

I miss Clyde aka Ent’il Zog, aka Emperor Zog the Appalling.
Thee and me. Clyde was one of the first folks I met when I joined up here (nearly twenty years ago now :shock: ) We had been discussing some of Fredrick Brown's short-shorts, and he sent me a copy of the paperback that had them as a gift. He was a good egg. Bluesman is missed as well, along with a number of other folks who (I think) are still with us, but have largely abandoned the Forums.

If there is any kind of 25th anniversary celebrations, I hope we can include a memorial thread for our passed colleagues.
"Semper fiendish"-Wen Yo
onezero
Site Admin
Location: In my living room watching - but I am not laughing.

Post by onezero »

We're coming up on 27, actually --- in just two weeks. Clyde, Justin M., Justin L. Robert, Leo .... yeah - a lot of folks for whom to lift a glass.

I had a day of meetings on Capitol Hill last spring (2022)- I wore Bluesman's "Batman" tie. Represent!
<*>
j
john lester
Starship Modeler

A hyphenated word and a non-hyphenated word walk into a bar and the bartender nearly chokes on the irony.
Wug

Post by Wug »

Happy Anniversary