Installing New Pickups in my Guitar

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

Ramsayman

Installing New Pickups in my Guitar

Post by Ramsayman »

Okay, this is not a model related question, but I know there are people here who are good with this sort of thing. So I'm installing a couple of new pickups in my guitar and thought I knew what I was doing, but it doesn't work the way it should. So... two pickups each with it's own tone and volume, but the wiring diagram I have included a three way switch, which I don't want to bother adding. I don't want to switch between one pickup or the other or both. I figure with both having thier own volume I could just zero volume the one I don't want if I choose to not have one of the pickups. Right?
Anyway, I've managed to have the pickups wired to both volumes so either volume knob turns down both at the same time.

Here's the wiring diagram that came with the pickups:

So all I did was bypass the switch like this:

I noticed that I didn't add the wire that goes to the other end of the switch thinking that was just a ground or something. Is this where I went wrong? or is there something else I need to do?

Any help would be appreciated.
Bellerophon

Re: Installing New Pickups in my Guitar

Post by Bellerophon »

My brother is really experienced at electric guitar hacking, also rebuilding tube amps, etc. He would happily give you helpful advice. Do you want me to put you in touch with him?
But isn't it all Klingon opera?

http://bellerophon-modeler.blogspot.com/
Ramsayman

Re: Installing New Pickups in my Guitar

Post by Ramsayman »

That would be cool.