WONG B-WING

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

jpolacchi

WONG B-WING

Post by jpolacchi »

So,I have a Mr. Wong B-Wing and I am considering an option or two to build it.The "main" fuselage" is cast SOLID,but I really want to light this kit.LEDs in the front,the engines in the rear and(if possible) some fiber optics to the cockpit.Any ideas or suggestions?I know doing ANY of this requires some very possible EXTENSIVE SURGERY on the kit.
Stu Pidasso

Re: WONG B-WING

Post by Stu Pidasso »

My advice would be to try to contact whoever cast the kit. I think maybe it was Ed Holt but I am not sure. Once you find the caster, ask him if he is able to do what is called a "slush cast" for you. He might have to get permission from Al or whoever owns the rights to the kit, and it might cost you a little bit of money, but in the end you won't fill your lungs up with resin dust and you will save a lot of time.
So me, trying to be tolerant of everybody's situations, went to a feminist picnic. Things fell apart fairly quickly after nobody made any sandwiches.
jpolacchi

Post by jpolacchi »

Does Ed have a web site?
Stu Pidasso

Post by Stu Pidasso »

What scale B wing is it? 24, 48, or 72?
So me, trying to be tolerant of everybody's situations, went to a feminist picnic. Things fell apart fairly quickly after nobody made any sandwiches.
jpolacchi

Post by jpolacchi »

1/48 scale.I could never find a S.S of the B-Wing and I probably can't afford a S.S if I found one now.I'd try scratching one,but I'd end up spending like $1,000 in kits(or more) and can't even identify all the kits ILM used.I know a couple S.S kits were made,one of them I've read to "steer clear of" because it is a nightmare of a kit to work on and lots of inaccuracies.I heard of Frank and Moe's S.S B-Wing through the RPF a long while back(supposidly the best and practically 100% accurate),but it is LONG out of production.There was some other one(unless it was Frank&Moe's B-Wing) and it sells for HUGE $$$$.I saw an old auction posted of it listing it at $3,500.00(just the kit).
slookabill

Post by slookabill »

According to Mr Wong's website(http://www.alfredsmind.ca/productspg.html), the B-Wing(1/48) is currently cast by Ravenstar Studios
jpolacchi

Post by jpolacchi »

I contacted them earlier today,so I'm waiting for them to get back to me.Many thanks :wink: