NEED: 1:500 Naval Photoetch parts

The place to discuss all aspects of building models from scratch.

Moderators: Joseph C. Brown, Moderators

ultron

NEED: 1:500 Naval Photoetch parts

Post by ultron »

Hey Gang!

So I'm going to be starting a 1/500 Space Battleship Yamato build soon & I'm comin' up short on finding 1/500 scale p.e. frets that have naval ship railings & ladders with railings. I've looked high n low & so far the only set I can find is from Gold medal models, its waaay expensive & the scale is 1/540. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Preferably something along the lines of semi-modern naval stuff would be best !

Thanks in advance!! :D
Never tell me the odds!
Pat Amaral

Post by Pat Amaral »

Pat A.
=============================
50% Nerd, 50% Geek, 100% Cool
jikdoc

yamato 2199 pe

Post by jikdoc »

there's always the Yamato 2199 PE set from Bandai. i'm not sure if he has any left but TVGM had some. or do you have the set and want extra PE for stuff it doesn't cover? i haven't had a good look at the set since i received mine.
ultron

Post by ultron »

Thanks very much for the link! I saw a couple sets on his site that looked promising but not quite exactly what I was after. Still may get those tho as they do have greeblies that'll come in handy! :D
Never tell me the odds!
ultron

Re: yamato 2199 pe

Post by ultron »

jikdoc wrote:there's always the Yamato 2199 PE set from Bandai. i'm not sure if he has any left but TVGM had some. or do you have the set and want extra PE for stuff it doesn't cover? i haven't had a good look at the set since i received mine.
Ya know, its funny you should mention TVGM, Im one of the lucky nerds he ordered a set for! :lol: He just got them in from Bandai & has sent mine out I believe ( Thanks again Greg if you're seeing this! :D ) The set has a lot of nice stuff on it but yeah, Im looking for more railings & gangway ladders n such. I did find a nice Gold Medal Models set but its in 1/540 scale. Not sure if the scale is so far off that it'd make a difference. It does however have the inclined ladders & gangways that I'm looking for, just not sure if the scale will work:

http://www.goldmm.com/ships/gms5usac.htm

The Ladders I'm looking at with hungry eyes are the ones in the lower right corner of the fret. The people & the railings would be a huge plus too if the scale will work. Its the only set that I've found so far that has the inclined ladders in anything close to 1/500 & believe me, I've been looking ....a lot!
Never tell me the odds!
jikdoc

1/500 PE yamato

Post by jikdoc »

hey there,
was looking around the dragon site and found this 1/500 PE set for the Fujimi WW2 yamato. maybe it'll fit!

http://www.dragonusaonline.com/item_det ... e=FUJ11237
Nebdcbdepo
Spammer - Locked

Post by Nebdcbdepo »

What I read I really liked it. Thank you for your information!