Any 1/48 scale J79 engines besides the RA-5C by Trumpeter?

The place to discuss all aspects of building models from scratch.

Moderators: Joseph C. Brown, Moderators

davehal9000

Any 1/48 scale J79 engines besides the RA-5C by Trumpeter?

Post by davehal9000 »

Looking for a source for a 1/48 scale J79 engine. Anyone know of any besides the one in the Trumpeter RA-5C?
Warned you we did, but listen you did not! Now screwed we all will be!

Yoda,
The Lost Hope

What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon????

"Just because you don't like something doesn't mean no one else should get to have it."

Penn Jillette
ajmadison

Post by ajmadison »

FWIW, not very many complete engines. I know I collected a set of 1/72 exhausts for a B-58 project. I will assume the same is true for Revell's 1/48 kit. Perhaps trolling on ebay, especially if you can find an assembled kit on the cheap.
davehal9000

Post by davehal9000 »

I actually need the whole engine, not just tbe nozzles.

Trumpeter's RA-5C has them but I cannot justify spending tbat kind of money on that kit.

Have been watching ebay hoping to find a built example cheap but no luck so far. May end up buying the kit, making a mold of the engine and reselling tbe kit as opened
Warned you we did, but listen you did not! Now screwed we all will be!

Yoda,
The Lost Hope

What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon????

"Just because you don't like something doesn't mean no one else should get to have it."

Penn Jillette
Joseph C. Brown

Post by Joseph C. Brown »

Finding decent affordable J-79's really isn't easy. I don't know of any in 1/48 scale.

The only (sorta) readily available ones that I am familiar with are the 1/32 engines that were in Revell's 1/32 Phantom and Hasegawa's 1/32 scale F-104. The only other jet engines that I know of are the old Aurora J-93's from the XB-70 kit in ~1/116.

Maybe try hunting around on Shapeway's?
________
Joe Brown
Scratchawan Learner

Post by Scratchawan Learner »

Revell's1/32
Mig-21 kit, had interesting looking engines (plus the afterburners) in them. Lots of detail on them.
"Take away money...privelage,power, and position from an honorable man...and he's still got his honor. For an honorable man, that's enough."
Scratchawan Learner

Post by Scratchawan Learner »

I seem to be having problems with double posts... :P
"Take away money...privelage,power, and position from an honorable man...and he's still got his honor. For an honorable man, that's enough."