Portable Paint booth Help

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Go Flight

Portable Paint booth Help

Post by Go Flight »

Hey guys,
about a year ago there was a thread in a different forum about a portable spray booth. Looks like this -

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 ... SY300_.jpg

The # is MASB420DCK

The story is I bought one, and then had to pack all my hobby room for a move to a different part of the house.
I just recently got to unpack my stuff and finally start building again, \:D/ only to find the power transformer is no where to be found. #-o

I wrote to TCP Global who I thought I bought it from asking to buy a replacement power transformer. 5 days have gone by w/o any type of reply. Knowing how to take "NO" for an answer I figure I'd just go to Radio Shack looking for a replacement.
But I'd like to get the right one.

Does anyone else have one that can provide me the specs of the transformer so I know what to ask for? TIA.
Stu Pidasso

Post by Stu Pidasso »

All I could find was that it uses a direct 12v plug. Sorry buddy, your best bet is to take the part of the booth with your jack into Radio Shack and spend the $30 the want for a new power plug.
So me, trying to be tolerant of everybody's situations, went to a feminist picnic. Things fell apart fairly quickly after nobody made any sandwiches.
Skynet

Post by Skynet »

These booths are sold all over the world under different badges. Many companies import them, add a local power supply, stick their name badge on them and ship them to customers. I believe they are actually manufactured in the East (China?)

Any compatible PSU should be fine, just make sure it is capable of delivering the current needed.

Sky
nick
Location: Cranbourne, home of the Phillip Island Motorcycle Grand Prix Run. And the amazing meteorite display!

Post by nick »

I've got one, but it's in storage. I'll find out for you in the next day or so.
TREKKRIFFIC

Post by TREKKRIFFIC »

Modeler's Brand sells a few different transformers and they are a lot cheaper than Radio Shack:

http://modelersbrand.com/html/category/power.html

You just need to know the output voltage and amperage required. Modeler's Brand has a 12v 2000MA transformer which is the biggest size he sells. They come with a female socket to mate to the male plug. You would just need to splice the leads into the box wiring if the adapter plug won't fit your box's power jack. The 12V adapter uses a size M plug.
Or you can go to Radio Shack and pay thru the nose for a power adapter which allows you to purchase a separate plug in whatever size you need to fit your jack.
"Well--we'll be safe for now--thank goodness we're in a bowling alley--"
nick
Location: Cranbourne, home of the Phillip Island Motorcycle Grand Prix Run. And the amazing meteorite display!

Post by nick »

I just checked my spray booth and it doesn't have an adapter. It has a wall plug wired directly to the unit. I have a photo of it here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/109040522 ... 875285378/
starmanmm

Post by starmanmm »

Are these units any good? The reviews on these are mixed. Sounds like its a nit or miss if you get one that works more than a month. Right now I am in the middle of building one, but questioning the blowers ability to move the vapors.
"Things fall apart... It's Scientific" Talking Heads