Remove crystal clever

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

steam235

Remove crystal clever

Post by steam235 »

Is there any way to remove crystal clear(sp)?
Mr. Badwrench

Post by Mr. Badwrench »

Have you tried hot, soapy water? Windex? Simple Green?
I speak of the pompatous of plastic.
Glorfindel

Post by Glorfindel »

Goo Gone, maybe venture into Lacquer Thinner (I wouldn't)
Buck Laughlin: [after Beatrice the dog jumps up on the show judge] He went for her like she's made outta ham.
~Best in Show, 2000
Kekker

Post by Kekker »

Do you mean Kristal Klear?

It's basically like white glue - you should be able to just pop it off (if it's a window), or soak it in water and rub it off pretty easily.

If you mean Kleer, the foreign (to us in the US!) version of Future, then an ammonia based cleaner would do it. Of course, that would also remove any acrylic paint underneath it, but so would anything short of carefully sanding it away.

Kev
steam235

Post by steam235 »

Yes micro solutions I believe made it. It is defiantly the white glue type. It brags about being water proof after it dries so I was doubting that soapy water would help. After I filled the windows of my voyager model with it lots of bubbles and uneven ness appeared so I'm hoping to remove it.
Mr. Badwrench

Post by Mr. Badwrench »

Well, hot, soapy water is worth a try, it might work, and it won't hurt the model to find out. Windex or Simple Green will probably work better, but might damage the paint, depending on what kind of paint you're using.
I speak of the pompatous of plastic.