New! Light Packs from Modeler's Brand

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

ModelMan

New! Light Packs from Modeler's Brand

Post by ModelMan »

Hey all,
I've had a number of requests over the years to assemble an LED Pack for people, just like the Prize Pack I've offered on the Scale Model Addict Spring Contest for two years running now.

I can finally offer, Modeler's Brand Light Packs!

Available in three sizes, these Light Packs are designed to jump start the beginner with everything needed except a soldering iron and power supply. These Light Packs also make solid supply packs for the experienced electrical hobbyist as well! One fast stock run in one easy purchase.

Hundreds of LED's and Resistors, Feet of Heat Shrink, Wire, Electrical Tape, Solder, Switches, 9v battery Clips and this first round of product gets a bonus of at least two segments of Double-Density LEDTape.

Watch the video for a code word and instructions to get a $5 discount off the normal price of whichever pack you purchase! Limited time only!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL0QH3_KVso

Print Ad here:
http://www.modelersbrand.com/misc/ad_li ... 111130.jpg

From one modeler to another, I just know this Pack will be great for you!
Best,
ModelMan
www.modelersbrand.com
-t
Redag

Post by Redag »

The description doesn't seem to match between the count of LEDs overall and the count of quantities and types. What's up with that?
ModelMan

Post by ModelMan »

Redag wrote:The description doesn't seem to match between the count of LEDs overall and the count of quantities and types. What's up with that?
Is my math wrong? 9 colors x 10 each = 90... 9 x 20 is 180 and 9 x 50 is 450. They're all 3mm Round either way. :?:
-t
Redag

Post by Redag »

That math works for the first two, but for the max package you have it showing as 10ea again. ;)
ModelMan

Post by ModelMan »

Fixed. Thanks, Redag! :D
-t
Madman Lighting

Post by Madman Lighting »

Whats with everyone out there selling these strips of pre-wired LEDs? I've seen them in person and they're pretty neat.
That Madman Who Lit Up Deep Space Nine
Matty1973

Post by Matty1973 »

Madman Lighting wrote:Whats with everyone out there selling these strips of pre-wired LEDs? I've seen them in person and they're pretty neat.
They are neat, makes lighting nacelles a breeze

I got 5 meters of it through eBay for $18 and they are incredibly bright
Check out my Borg Enhanced Voyager
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKaMTm4Lvmk
ModelMan

Post by ModelMan »

This post is about normal LED's, but yes, ledtape is very cool. Pre-resistored, thin, small form factor, sticky backing and easy to use. There are a number of styles out there for every need and I just found a ninth color of it too.

Few people need sixteen feet of the stuff and the 'good' ledtape costs real money that few can afford.

The danger with nacelles is you'll get the same hotspots that ruin the 'pure-nacelle-light effect' from ledtape as you will if you just used normal led's. That's why Modeler's Brand offers Smooth Light and Ultra-Smooth LEDTape on top of the Regular Double-density.

Here's a look at the difference.
http://www.youtube.com/modelersbrand#p/u/4/LNps4iwb5Ac
-t
jedi_modeler

how to order

Post by jedi_modeler »

How can I order a light pack?
ModelMan

Re: how to order

Post by ModelMan »

jedi_modeler wrote:How can I order a light pack?
Heh-heh. Thanks, Jedi, looks like I forgot that one!

sales@modelersbrand.com
-t
MillenniumFalsehood

Post by MillenniumFalsehood »

Wow! I'm definitely getting the Ultra-smooth LED tap for my 1:350 Refit's nacelles! I was concerned about hot spots when using LEDs, but this has convinced me.

Now we'll see if I remember to order them when the time comes to light my nacelles . . . :wink:
If a redhead works at a bakery, does that make him a gingerbread man?

Ponies defeat a Star Trek villain? Give them a Star Wars award ceremony!
starsend

Post by starsend »

MillenniumFalsehood wrote:Wow! I'm definitely getting the Ultra-smooth LED tap for my 1:350 Refit's nacelles! I was concerned about hot spots when using LEDs, but this has convinced me.

Now we'll see if I remember to order them when the time comes to light my nacelles . . . :wink:
Are you working on your 350? Is there a thread I can check out? I'm dying to do mine but I need a few more builds under my belt before I tackle it I think.