aves mold material

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

karim

aves mold material

Post by karim »

I've got a part that I've carefully modified from a kit that I'm using in a scratch build, but the last coat of Alclad I put on it has affected the plastic something awful. I'd like to cast the part as a backup before trying to fix it, as it's pretty crucial to my build, and I'm not sure I'll be able to salvage it.

However, I don't have any RTV, and I'm unlikely to use even a small container of it before it goes bad... I thought a simple putty mold would be perfect, as it's a pretty small part.

I had at one point a small sample of Aves 2-part mold material I got from the table at WF. It appears they don't sell this anymore.

Anyone have any suggestions on alternates?
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Knead-a-mold. Not an Aves product but something one of thier friends came up with. http://www.townsendatelier.com/store/knead_a_mold.php
Abolish Alliteration
karim

Post by karim »

Aha! No wonder I couldn't find it. Thanks!
TER-OR
Site Admin
Location: Conjugate imprecision of time negates absolute determination of location.

Post by TER-OR »

I use knead-a-mold frequently, tis a useful product.
Raised by wolves, tamed by nuns, padded for your protection.

Terry Miesle
Never trust anyone who says they don't have a hobby.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati
DennisH

Post by DennisH »

Michael's and maybe A.C. Moore sell a small two-part RTV putty kit. It's in the sculpting section. about $20.00 but, if you have the 40% or 50% off coupon---even better!

Dennis
Winners don't use question marks!