TREK MODELER NX-01 1/350 LIGHTING KIT AND EXTRA DECALS

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

Starshiner60

TREK MODELER NX-01 1/350 LIGHTING KIT AND EXTRA DECALS

Post by Starshiner60 »

First of all, let me say it's great to be back, after having recovered from tornado damage and the forced relocation of over half of my models, plus career/job changes that have kept me away from modeling for a while.. I've missed you all!!!

Second, as you may recall, I recently purchased an NX-01 1/350 model, and have been gathering the nerve to do this one right (having previously built one, I'm familiar with its issues).. I'm hoping to get it right this time, having bought the 2 Shuttlepods, and am now looking to light and decal it correctly..

I'm a noob/chicken when it comes to lighting, so I plan to get the Trek Modeler Lighting Kit.. I know there's also at least one Aztek Decal Set for this kit, so I need recommendations on that as well (I used Aztek Dummy Paint Templates last time; nice effect, but I want to decal this one)..

I'd like some suggestions as to what the best NX-01 Decals are, as well as comments from anyone who has used this Lighting Kit before.. I especially need advice in the light blocking area (a concept I'd never heard of before visiting this board, yet one I should have considered)..

Thanx in advance for everything, and wish me success!!!
Matty1973

Post by Matty1973 »

Hi and welcome back.

So the Aztec decals you can get from Acreation models, very nice work, the seller is Talon on this board. He had some production issues but has been back up for about 5 weeks now.

As for the light kit, great product, but they are seriously busy and it could take up to 8 weeks to build the plug and play version.

As for light blocking, it is basically spraying the inside of the kit with a flat black to block the light, and then coat that with a gloss white to reflect it on the inside.

There is also the Raytheon effect that's used for spotlight effects, but I have never used that, but info can be found on the board
Check out my Borg Enhanced Voyager
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKaMTm4Lvmk