AMT enterprise A lights and sounds board..

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

nickymaude

AMT enterprise A lights and sounds board..

Post by nickymaude »

I am lighting the TOS amt cutaway enterprise, and i have a spare lights and sounds board from the special edition enterprise A, and i am going to adapt that to this model, just one thing tho, the leads to the flashers are not long enough and need to be extended, so is it safe to cut the flasher wires and extend them with extra wire? Will they still work after i have done that? Just need to know that it won`t break the circuit or something.
Ziz

Post by Ziz »

As long as you re-seal the connections with tape or shrink tubing you can extend or shorten the wires as needed. For the sake of keeping track of what you're doing, do literally one wire at a time - don't cut a whole bunch at once and hope you'll remember which ones they match up to because you won't.
Modular
Models

Build your fleet
YOUR way.

http://www.modular-models.com
----------------------------------------------------------
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Alan Greenspan

Post by nickymaude »

ok, thanks ziz.
nickymaude

Post by nickymaude »

can i just ask you another question ziz, i want to recreate the studio miniature as close as possible, ive noticed that the nav lights on the original enterprise on the upper saucer are red & green, and underneath they are white, this isnt a problem, there are leds to do the lower saucer nav`s, however, they are clear led`s, do you know of an easy way i can frost these? thanks.
Ziz

Post by Ziz »

IIRC, that light right has incandescent bulbs for the clear lights, not white LEDs - whites were still experimental when that kit came out. You're going to hit the whole model with dullcote when it's finished, right? Problem solved.
Modular
Models

Build your fleet
YOUR way.

http://www.modular-models.com
----------------------------------------------------------
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Alan Greenspan