Hooking up a Badger Sotar to a Paache compressor . . .

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

MillenniumFalsehood

Hooking up a Badger Sotar to a Paache compressor . . .

Post by MillenniumFalsehood »

I got a great airbrush (so I'm told by the brochure) at Wonderfest as a door prize: a Badger Sotar 20/20. It looks to be a dream to wield, and I can't wait to get started with it.

Thing is, I can't hook it up to my Paache model D-100 compressor's included hose. Does anyone know what adapter I should use to get this thing to interface with my new brush?
If a redhead works at a bakery, does that make him a gingerbread man?

Ponies defeat a Star Trek villain? Give them a Star Wars award ceremony!
seam-filler

Post by seam-filler »

You need a part called "Adaptor, Badger-Paasche hose". I think both Badger and Paasche make a version. I believe that the Paasche part number is PA-A-151.

An example from the UK ishere but you should be able to find a US supplier easily enough.
"I'd just like to say that building large smooth-skinned models should be avoided at all costs. I now see why people want to stick kit-parts all over their designs as it covers up a lot of problems." - David Sisson
Mick4350

Post by Mick4350 »

Have a look at http://www.coastairbrush.com . I've had good dealings with them in the past.
Joseph Osborn

Post by Joseph Osborn »

If you haven't already found the A-151 adapter, I can send you one that I picked up on clearance at Hobby Lobby a couple of years ago. Send me a PM and I'll get it right out to you. For free, of course!

edit: I just noticed that this was quite a cold thread, but if you still need the adapter, it's yours.
WarpeD

Post by WarpeD »

You mean duct tape won't do the trick? :shock: