Starfleet Hull Colors

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

prisoner_1079

Starfleet Hull Colors

Post by prisoner_1079 »

I've been experimenting with different paint mixes for my TNG era starfleet ships. I had been using MM Light Ghost Grey for my Galaxy class but recently I've felt that it's a bit too dark so what I decided to do was repaint one of my 1/2500 Galaxy classes in a mixture of Duck Egg Blue mixed with a few drops of Cobalt Blue with Light Gray mixed with a few drops of Cobalt Blue also for the two tone aztec paneling.

I like the lighter tone so far but I'm still was wondering what some of you guys with more experience like for Starfleet colors.

What do you all think, what's the best color/brand to get just the right starfleet look?
Currently building: 1:2500 Prolemy Tug/Freighter and Finish painting Gold 2 X-wing from box scale ERTL X-wing based on XW Alliance game. See website for progress.

https://heimdudebro.wordpress.com/
USSARCADIA

Post by USSARCADIA »

I usually just mix a custom color for every ship, starting with white, add some black or grey, maybe a little blue. Sometimes I have some left from the last ship and just add to it. I try to base it on screen shots, etc.
Did you eat your Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs this morning?