Finished Videography

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Gerry

Finished Videography

Post by Gerry »

So, you've got your model done and you want to show it off.
You've got a great base, and finish... but how do YOU show it off online?

The question here is about video editing software. I'm interested in your preferred program. Or reviews of ones you tried that weren't very easy to work with.

Some of you add text, others are lifting movie music or sounds. What software do you use?

And some are working with green screens.

Review, comments, preferances, your experiences ... and other peoples questions as well.

I'm working on the light leaks now on my 1/350 Enterprise so I'm thinking about the video stuff now as it's not that far down the road for me.
Young at heart! {Other parts slightly older}

my model page http://gerry1of1.wordpress.com/
Ziz

Post by Ziz »

Depends how much detail you want to get into. I've been fooling with Sony Vegas to edit clips together, smooth out audio, add simple titles, but I'm just doing this for myself - not for public display - so if it doesn't come out perfect, I don't care.

If you want to keep it basic, you should have Windows Movie Maker on your computer already. There are also an assortment of apps and utilities at www.videohelp.com that are either freeware or shareware. They have plenty of reviews pointing out the various features and faults.
Modular
Models

Build your fleet
YOUR way.

http://www.modular-models.com
----------------------------------------------------------
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Alan Greenspan

Post by Beaveranger »

Sony Vegas is the best IMO. More features and effects, good quality final product with the right compression ratio.

Adobe Premiere is also good, with a bit more user friendly interface (A bit, for beginners, I mean.)

Windows movie maker is definitely one of the easiest to use, but the final product comes out a bit grainy and poor quality due to lack of compression options.

I have found that, for adding text and such, making your own tiles in Photoshop gives me the best results rather than using the included features of each video program. I say this having never used the ones included in Sony Vegas. Cut my teeth with Premiere, moved to Vegas later.
"You should call Kenny Loggins and let him know you're in the 'Danger Zone,'
or have someone do it for you.....
DAANNGGGEEERR ZZOONNEE!!" -- Archer

My Blog
Gerry

Post by Gerry »

good to see your responses. I'm sure other guys who've never posted a "My Ship" on you tube are curious where to begin. and the Video Presentation is like the models Base... just give a good presentation of your work.

I have fiddled with Windows Movie Maker, but it seems to only save them as WMM specific extentions. Or maybe I just didn't fiddle enough with it.

I'll definately look into that Sony one .... any of you do green screen? I'd like to hear about that as well. Some cheep programs at Fry's Electronics.... but I hate that store and hesitate to go in. It's the IKEA of electronics... *shudder*.

Anyway.. Thanks.... and more tips or ideas welcome!
Young at heart! {Other parts slightly older}

my model page http://gerry1of1.wordpress.com/
Ziz

Post by Ziz »

"Save Project As..." is for the work file, like the way Photoshop saves files in PSD format. When you're done with all your work, hit "Save Movie File..." to render it out in a standard video format like MPG or WMV. This would be the Photoshop equivalent of exporting it as a JPG or BMP.
Modular
Models

Build your fleet
YOUR way.

http://www.modular-models.com
----------------------------------------------------------
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Alan Greenspan