Error on Trekmodeler DIY lighting instructions?

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

z1pkicker

Error on Trekmodeler DIY lighting instructions?

Post by z1pkicker »

I'm just doing the final test lighting for the PL DIY lighting diagram and noticed that the black (negative) lead on the upper saucer for the RCTs and running lights does not appear to connect to the lower saucer relay anywhere. Just wondering if I have missed something somewhere or is this intentional?
brt

Post by brt »

z1pkicker

Post by z1pkicker »

I have. Here's the numbers;

4 = Emails to Trekmodeler unanswered.
5 = Unanswered phone calls to USA from Australia.
2 = Messages left.
0 = Responses.
brt

Post by brt »

Sorry to read that. Not a good PR storry for them.
z1pkicker

Post by z1pkicker »

I hear ya.

Great product but my service experience hasn't been all that great.
Never mind, I've got it sorted out anyway - there is an error on the instructions. I'm just glad I tested everything before reaching for the glue bottle. :)
Gerry

Post by Gerry »

I emailed this morning to Trekmodeler because I couldnt' get an answer on the phone.

I got a response the same day. Late in the day but same day {I guess he works by day and does this by night?} His first offer was to refund $110 because I had made a mistake and ordered the wrong thing.

I wish someone was answering the phone, but other than that It wasn't bad CS.

As it turns out I think I ordered the thing correctly but had a massive brain-fart and thought I'd done it wrong.

I'm decorative, not bright.
Young at heart! {Other parts slightly older}

my model page http://gerry1of1.wordpress.com/
z1pkicker

Post by z1pkicker »

Trekmodeler did eventually get back to me and we sorted the problem out - he may have revised the DIY wiring instructions since my original post. I also had a problem with the blinker board - this was rectified via email very quickly. All my wiring is done and I have finally sealed up the secondary hull nice and tight - then the amber LED stops working... :cry:
All in all though, a very good product and one I have no hesitation in recommending.
Delorean Man

Post by Delorean Man »

delete
Last edited by Delorean Man on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilKurisu

Also notice this issue

Post by EvilKurisu »

Really glad you made this post z1pkicker because I too have the DIY kit and am 90% finished on the upper saucer.
I happened to read this post and then had a look at my instructions and see that my Blag (Negative) lead doesnt go anywhere either :(.
Im assuming they go to the relay in the lower saucer and then through the neck to the board in the Secondary hull ? .

Mind me asking what the recommended solution was and if Trek modeller have any newly revised instructions out ?
z1pkicker

Post by z1pkicker »

Yep, you guessed right, they connect to the relay and then to the lower saucer.
As far as I know, Trekmodeler hasn't released any upgraded schematics to correct the oversight. A word of advice; Test. Then test again. And again. Repeat the test. And... Good luck!
EvilKurisu

Post by EvilKurisu »

Thanks very much z1pkicker, you've probably saved me some major headaches !