Airbrush curious about opinions.

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Mascaw

Airbrush curious about opinions.

Post by Mascaw »

Just between the two Aztek 4709 or an Iwata HP-CS Eclipse?
I had wanted the aztek but after reading peoples stores online about the body of the airbrush and the heads getting clogged easily I am unsure about it now.
Joseph Osborn

Post by Joseph Osborn »

Unless you really need the versatility to use either paint cups or larger jars I can't think of any reason to choose the Aztek over the Eclipse. The Eclipse is just a better-engineered and manufactured piece of hardware. I have both and the only thing I use the Aztek for is quickie priming jobs.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

My first airbrush was an Aztek. I still use it for gloss/flat coating. I have 2 Iwatas now. The Azteks are fine brushes for learning fundamentals, and they'll certainly instill the importance of cleaning regimen. (I don't think that Azteks are prone to clogging, but they do punish sloppiness)

Eclipse CS is an excellent AB, but I would find it a bit intimidating if it were my first AB. But it's not overly complicated once you get down to it and it will serve you well.

But if you can get that Aztek used for $20- I'd definitely jump on it.
"Of all the chili that I've eaten in my travels, this has the most.......Cumin."