1/48 Pilots

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Squall67584

1/48 Pilots

Post by Squall67584 »

I'm looking for a source for 1/48 pilots without the oxygen mask to use in some sci-fi kits. WWII era pilots don't have big enough helmets, and some of the modern pilot figures I've seen all have the mask attached. I'd prefer to get them in some sort of detail set, but if I can only get them with a kit I can do that, then cast a couple of spares. Anyone know of a good source for these?
"I never wanted to be anything else but an Engineer." - Montgomery Scott

My Star Wars "fanfic" story series. Sequel in Progress!
Remnants of the Force

Way of the Blaster
seam-filler

Post by seam-filler »

Helicopter pilots are your best bet. They rarely have oxygen masks. I found this one http://www.aviationmegastore.com/french ... 87293]here but IMO the head is a bit oversize. But there are plenty of 1/48th helicopter kits out there.

You can apply some AVES to a WWII helmet to get something larger & more modern too.
"I'd just like to say that building large smooth-skinned models should be avoided at all costs. I now see why people want to stick kit-parts all over their designs as it covers up a lot of problems." - David Sisson
Squall67584

Post by Squall67584 »

Ah, helicopter pilots! Cool, I'll look into that, thanks!
"I never wanted to be anything else but an Engineer." - Montgomery Scott

My Star Wars "fanfic" story series. Sequel in Progress!
Remnants of the Force

Way of the Blaster